PDA

View Full Version : scrambled eggs????

lily
18th February 2007, 05:28 PM
a work colleague suggested i give these to lily once a day until her tummy settles?? any views on eggs please??

Kodee
18th February 2007, 05:44 PM
I am not sure if they are the food choice for an upset tummy, but my breeder feds all her dogs scrambled eggs on Sunday mornings. When Kodee came to us at 8 wks and someone made eggs a few days later she was literally doing backflips when she smelt the eggs cooking!

Yvonne117
18th February 2007, 05:59 PM
When Alfie had upset tummy the vet told me he could have chicken, rice or scrambled egg.

Lynn
18th February 2007, 06:02 PM
My vet told me to withhold food for 12 hours when the pups have upset tummies...this was after Max was vomitting and I gave him rice & boiled chicken. She did say rice & boiled chicken was good, but to start by letting them go for 12 hours without food...which broke my heart to hear that knowing that they still will be hungary.

Good to hear about eggs....I will have to try that for Max & Molly...add some egg to their kibble. They have stopped eating plain kibble, so I have to add something to it each meal.

Caraline
19th February 2007, 08:54 AM
Yep our vet also recommends water only for the first 24 hours, then boiled rice & chicken flesh (no fat or skin) for upset tummies.