PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm not a good Mom -

Crittercall
19th February 2007, 08:14 PM
Or maybe it's that mental pause thing......

I called this a.m. to get correct birthdates on my girls, because I really wasn't quite sure of the years.

Well, was I off on Tibby! We've had her 7 years and she was about 3 when we got her. That makes her 10 years old - 11 next month!! She's not much younger than Wallis, and except for a slight heart murmur and itchy skin she's in much better shape.

Boy, do I feel like a dummy!

enchantingdragon
19th February 2007, 08:16 PM
Awww that doesnt mean your not a good mom. Im sure if you ask Tibby she will say youre the best mother in the whole world. No one else loves her like you do and thats all that matters whether she is 1, 7, 11, or 25. :flwr:

Lindsay
19th February 2007, 08:17 PM
Donna, you sound like me. I am so bad with dates, ages and names. But it does not make you a bad mom! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

judy
19th February 2007, 08:34 PM
don't feel bad, i keep forgetting my own age. I'm within a year of it, but i keep being unsure of which one it is.

U obviously a good mom :l*v:

Maxxs_Mummy
19th February 2007, 08:41 PM
don't feel bad, i keep forgetting my own age. I'm within a year of it, but i keep being unsure of which one it is.

LMAO Judy, you sound just like me :lol:

Crittercall
19th February 2007, 08:43 PM
I have a tendency to "round up" to my next major milestone so that it doesn't hit me so hard when I get there! (But that means that after I really hit 55 this summer I'll have to start thinking 60 - ARGHHHH!!!)

Cathy T
19th February 2007, 09:08 PM
I was at the doctor the other day and the nurse asked me how old I was.....took me a minute to calculate how old I am!

Kodee
19th February 2007, 09:08 PM
Ah but WHOOT, to the great health and long life! That is fantastic!

Crittercall
19th February 2007, 10:08 PM
My daughter argued with me one day because I kept saying that she is 27. Finally she got exasperrated and said "MOM, what year was I born?" I said "1975" so she said "Now, figure it out." She knows I'm old - she oughta be a little nicer to me!

Karlin
19th February 2007, 10:53 PM
I get mixed up on my own birthday too. Then I think back to the days when you knew your age down to a fourth, or a half -- eg kids say 'I'm five and a HALF'. That half was important back then!! :lol:

Crittercall
19th February 2007, 11:51 PM
That would make me just about 54 and a half now. Doesn't sound very impressive does it? :D A sales lady told me the other day that I looked much to young to have grandchildren. I tried to hug her. :shock:

Tessa
20th February 2007, 12:04 AM
I don't know you in person, but I'd never have guessed that you were fifty-four and a half...:D
You definitely don't write like it, if that makes sense... icon_blshing
From what I've seen you write on here and the other forum, you sound like a fantastic mum. Especially since your baby is so healthy at 11. I just hope I can be as good as you... :flwr:

*Pauline*
20th February 2007, 01:19 AM

Was just thinking the same! :flwr: