• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

It may be raining in my garden – but it’s not raining in my

Claire L

heart.....
The past few days have brought me great joy – my Cara Mia and Minnie Moo are finally settling in as a couple and as family members.

We have them in the habit of a daily walk (on their coupled lead) and they now know (complete with wagging tails) when I’m putting on my walking gear. Yesterday we drove them to Glendalough (a beautiful valley, with lakes and public walkways) which is more than 50 miles away – they slept peacefully the whole way. They are great car travellers. Minnie gains confidence every day – she has now started barking at neighbours who pass the front door (up to now we had silent dogs, except when Minnie howled for me).

We occasionally let them off the lead when in a safe place, (usually the beach) with no other dogs or people to distract them. Amazingly, after 5/10 minutes, they prefer to return to the sanctuary of the harness. When we are more secure with them, we will offer them more freedom. On the lead, they do not get to run around and play.

Minnie is now sniffing around every room, on her own. This is a big advance. Up to recently, she would not let me out of her sight. She is definitely bonding with hubby, and when Cara comes to him for lovin’ (she’s a complete slapper), the other one now competes. The only downside to this new confident Minnie, is that the Argos catalogue is now vulnerable to being chewed, as is any other tasty morsel left tying around.

They now sleep together, both on a duvet in the bedroom, and on the couch beside me. Hubby remarked last night that they looked like one dog with two heads.

They eat together, go out to do their toilet together – Cara has lost weight and is back to reasonable size. Her face has thinned – it is now hard to tell them apart, face-on. From the back, they are very different, however. Cara has a much bigger rib-cage and body than Minnie.

d9e3dcfe.jpg

Glendalough.
eeac06c6.jpg

e1d7f7b9.jpg

4f5acf9a.jpg

499734c4.jpg

:D [/img]

Claire...Your progress report on your girls warmed my heart. You are right too, from the front they look like twins, and from the back, right again, you can definitely tell the difference. I love the pics, what a beautiful spot. Makes me sad that I don't have a spot to let Lily run and play free. They are beautiful girls!! Thanks for sharing the update :flwr:

How wonderfully awesome! It sounds like everything is going perfectly. I bet you are over the moon with tons of pupper love!

Claire, so glad things have worked out for you and your girls! :flwr: They are too precious and you can definitely tell they are "sisters"! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

What a beautiful place to walk your girls! How lovely! Thanks for the update and your girls are so pretty. It's good to hear they're settling in for a nice long life together. Once again--I love happy endings... :flwr:

Thanks for the update on how they are doing. They look so sweet together. It's such a real happy story.

I am so pleased that they are getting on so well and like the place were you go walks love the photos they look so well---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

LOVED the update and story!!! Claire you have two really special girls. They are gorgeous and I'm happy they are bonding so well as "sisters" :flwr:

{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} Those two were truly heaven sent to you *ng*l

I am so glad they are settling in so well. I think Rescues are always that little bit more cautious when they get let off lead. I know that any I've ever had here have been & have always returned upon our calling them :flwr:

Gorgeous scenery too, bet they loved it there :flwr: :hug: for you all xxxxx

I loved reading that Claire!! They sounds just perfect. And you're right...they do look a lot alike. How wonderful that they are settling in so well. It's amazing what a little tender loving care can bring out in a little dog...or two!

Great news Claire, they really sound like they are settling in. I love how close they are walking on their lead! I love that boardwalk around Glendalough. Never thought of bringing the dogs up there.

It's great to get updates on these two. I often look across the names to see if you have posted recently and the pics of the two gorgeous girls are great. They do look very alike and it's wonderful they are getting on so well together. Look forward to more.

Claire, So glad the girls have settled into their new lives. :)

Looks like they get to go on very nice field trips too! :flwr: :flwr:

They do look like twins! :lol:

Back