• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Faith Update 13 Weeks

arasara

I just came home from my second vets appt with Faith tonight. She got her second lepto shot and her Kennel Cough vaccine. At just over 13 weeks she is hitting the scales at 7.6lbs ;)

Faith was such a good girl at the vets!! She didn’t cry when she got her shot and she didn’t fuss too much when she got her kennel cough vaccine. She wasn’t able to get the vaccination IN her nose because her nostrils are too small but she improvised and got her vaccine. ;) Speaking of, where is the proper place to give vaccinations in Cavaliers? She got hers tonight behind her front leg.

Dr.C said Props go to Mic for immediately putting Faith on a good high quality food. When she first came here the vet commented on her dry coat but she said she’s been on her food long enough that she’s really seeing a difference in her coat texture. She looks great. ;) She said her weight in proportion to her body is really nice and also to keep feeding her what I was feeding her and however much. I explained the gas problem that I’ve been having with her and she said maybe to go ¾ puppy and ¼ Evo instead of ½ and ½ and see if that makes a difference. She also mentioned yogurt and canned pumpkin – a neighborhood favorite!! Lol :p

I mentioned Kosmo’s nose losing pigmentation and also his stools being REALLY hard on Evo and she told me that he most likely has “snow nose” and that the pigmentation may return in the spring/summertime. It’s most likely nothing medical though. Also she suggested maybe mixing Evo with another high quality food, such as Merricks and maybe Kosmo’s stools will become a little softer and he won’t have the “stool binding problem.”

I mentioned putting the pups on pro-biotics and she said that she only suggests pro-biotics when the dogs are on antibiotics. She said that if it’s not necessary she would rather not mess with their intestinal flora and suggested I try something like yogurt instead. I heard that it helped with gas in some dogs but, alas.. she just suggested half and halfing food.

Faith has this thing where she snorts and grunts and snores when she’s awake and she also snores when she’s sleeping. I know a lot of cavaliers snore when they sleep but I was wondering how come she sometimes does it when she’s awake too?? Also she is tearing a lot. Dr.C said that there could be some kind of anatomical problem due to the breed being brachycephalic but that we should wait until she is completely done teething before exploring anything further.

Other than that, she’s really happy with her progression. She can definitely tell she’s grown since last time she’s seen her and she also commented that she looks spoiled rotten..LOL don’t know where she would get that from.. :p

I’ve been definitely noticing her personality coming out more in the last few weeks. She’s TOTALLY a daddy’s girl. I am sooo jealous but Kosmo loves me so I just have to be happy with that. I am not sure if I believe in the saying “girls love you but boys are IN love with you.” I think it applies for females but for males it should be “boys love you but girls are IN love with you..” lol :p She loves her daddy soooo much. She sleeps on top of him at night and if he leaves then she gets upset before she settles with me again. I just kind of laugh it off. For not being so sure that he wanted a second dog at this time my other half is sure seeming to enjoy the extra attention. He calls her “his little heater princess” lol :p

This is them this morning.. Notice his hand totally on her too!! She’s got him wrapped around the end of her little paw. ;) This is where she slept all night:

b76406626.jpg

She just had her second round of classes last week. We’re learning loose lead walking and “lay down.” I am finding her sooo much easier to train than Kosmo was. I am not sure if she just catches on quicker or if this time I actually know what I am doing. I remember learning things and having them be really awkward in the first class. I also find myself teaching her lots of things before “the time” too. For example she knows “kennel up,” “leave it,” “off” “sit for cookies” and we haven’t learned any of those yet. I guess I just use those phrases so much with Kosmo that she will be familiar with them by the time we come to them in classes too. Regardless, they are going great. ;) She got a new blanket at petsmart last Saturday.. isn’t it just adorable?!

b76081029.jpg

Daddy's girl all the way!! Shelby is a daddy's girl too. She'll sit with me for a while in the evening and then it's off to the couch to lay with dad. Her doctor's visit sounds like it went great. Good to hear that her weigh is in proportion to her body. I know you were concerned she was growing too fast. As far the noises....Shelby has a short nose and makes all kinds of weird noises. She also snores...but it's sweet..especially since she doesn't sleep with us :D I also found that Shelby was so much quicker to catch on to training than Jake. I think it's a combination of us being more assured with what we're doing and them taking their cues from their big brothers. Hey...we both have little sister and big brothers!! ;)

Sara, that is great news hearing how well she is going. She looks beautiful too, especially on her pretty pink blanket :) . Thanks for keeping us updated.
Julie and the girls :flwr:

Love the picture of spoiled girl sleeping with daddy :D Yeah she looks like she has him wrapped around her little toe.

Don't sweat the Daddy's Girl syndrome. I think most of us gals with significant others and female dogs are dealing with this. :roll:

Faith is precious! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Great to hear Faith's progress report Sara :flwr:

She is such a little cutie pie :lotsaluv: looking forward to even more pictures soon :D

Hmmmmmmmmm, I think this little one loves the males.

IMG_5537.jpg

This is just one of the shots of her and Frank.

She knows they are suckers for little girls, smart girl.

LOL I knew Avi would fall in love with Faith, just like he did Kosmo.

Shes adorable.

Hey Sara, Sassy was a freckled mess about the time she hit a year old, but just the other day I pointed out to your dad that all her freckles are gone.

Her little belly is white as snow again with a faint trace of where her freckles used to be.

Ill bet its the same thing that happened to Kosmo.

Keep me posted, im also curious as to what happened to all the freckles.

I am not surprised she is a daddy's girl at all! As you stated Kos is a mommies boy, hense why she chose to be daddy's. my kids were like that for the first few yrs!

What cute pics and she looks great on that blanket with her black/tan colouring.

Snow nose a lot of breeds have - our lab did every winter, very common. Yes it goes black in spring again, not to worry. The snow nose was less noticable as she aged though (senior yrs).

Back