PDA

View Full Version : Pesto is a Cavalier but wants to be a Bombadeer I guess

Pesto's got your back
21st February 2007, 10:59 PM
When he stays at my parents' house, you can tell how much he loves the freedom of the spaciousness compared to my humble condo. He has this hilarious habit of launching off the two steps that lead into the carpeted family room.

When you are present watching him run and jump, it happens so fast he appears serious and focused on his launch. But I decided to set up my camera on a tripod and try to capture some mid air action to see what's really going on. Is that the face of pure glee or WHAT?

http://www.joebrancaleone.com/vin/leap_0143.jpg

http://www.joebrancaleone.com/vin/leap_0147.jpg

http://www.joebrancaleone.com/vin/leap_0155.jpg

http://www.joebrancaleone.com/vin/leap_0156.jpg

http://www.joebrancaleone.com/vin/leap_0157.jpg

And of course, everything in motion must eventually come to a rest:

http://www.joebrancaleone.com/vin/pesto_0148.jpg

http://www.joebrancaleone.com/vin/pesto_0300.jpg

As a side note, I can't help but notice Pesto has the least prominent white markings on his forehead that I've seen of any Blenheim. In that sense he's definitely not show material, but he is unique!

joe

tuna
21st February 2007, 11:08 PM
the last jumping one is a classic!! that would have won the 'cavaliers in flight' theme contest by a country mile!

Charleen
21st February 2007, 11:09 PM
Oh Joe those are great action shots. Pesto looks like he may be a rabbit in the disguise of a cavalier. :lol:

Coco's mom
21st February 2007, 11:33 PM
Wow, those are great pictures Joe! How old is Pesto?

Cathy T
22nd February 2007, 12:28 AM
Oh those are absolutely fantastic!! What an incredibly happy dog!!

nlg679
22nd February 2007, 12:46 AM
Wow!
Cavalier in flight!
Just fantastic!

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Linda
22nd February 2007, 02:03 AM
OMG that would of won for sure.
He looks like Superman.

Is it a plane,
Is it Superman
No it is Super Joe. :D :D :D :D

GudrunTheRed
22nd February 2007, 02:05 AM
AWESOME photos! I really need to get a new camera so I can catch action shots like that. If I saw him do that in person I would be laughing so hard I think I would wet myself!!!

Caraline
22nd February 2007, 02:08 AM
:lol: I love those "in-flight" shots. I must see if I can catch some of my Sonny.

Lani
22nd February 2007, 02:42 AM
Such cute photos! I love the in flight ones too. :)

luvzcavs
22nd February 2007, 09:32 AM
I was having a rather bad day put that is just the pick up I needed to restore my faith in the world. Absolutely delightful pictures and really made me laugh. Please give him a big kiss from me and thank you for sharing.

Lindsay
22nd February 2007, 02:30 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those pics made my day! :flwr:

Cicero's Mummy
22nd February 2007, 03:11 PM
OMG! THese are the best "inflight" photos! I love his ears!

joanna
22nd February 2007, 03:56 PM
Brillian photos - he looks so happy :flwr:

Harvey's Mum
22nd February 2007, 06:40 PM
:w*w: what an amazing dog you've got. how on earth did pictures of that?! there BRILL!!!! :snap: my daughter says call him Captain Pesto the pilot cl*p

Pesto's got your back
22nd February 2007, 07:11 PM
haha... Pesto is about 7 months and 1 week old. I actually plan on trying another round of shots (he does this all the time) but get a better exposure without flash... these pics are a little too dim. I use a Canon 20D with a 50mm f/1.4 prime lens (for those who are into cameras).

The real trick is getting the manual focus right ahead of time (no time for autofocus)... which means estimating the distance between the camera and his in-flight position beforehand, etc. The blurry shots would have been great with proper focus.

He's a real jumper, he also leaps from ottomans to couches to floor to ottoman and back... he's superfly! The problem is he still helps himself to jumping on dining chairs in order to get a better survey of what's going on the dinner table :sl*p:

Cavaliers in flight contest, eh? hm

enchantingdragon
23rd February 2007, 02:53 AM
Wow those are some amazing action shots!!!

molly
23rd February 2007, 03:00 AM
That is one happy dog! Amazing photos.

Lynn
23rd February 2007, 03:18 PM
Amazing photos!!!!!!!!! I laughed out loud when I saw them.... He is too cute!!!! Thanks for sharing those... I have to show them to my hubby, I know he's going to love seeing them too.

Jen
23rd February 2007, 03:42 PM
I too laughed out loud!! You should frame those!

Justine
23rd February 2007, 07:07 PM
fantastic v

PamH
24th February 2007, 01:44 PM
What wonderful pics. They gave me a lift.
pam

natalieandmike
24th February 2007, 01:47 PM
Amazing photos...Incredibly difficult to get those 'in-flight' pics...I appreciate also your tips on the settings to use...I fancy myself a bit of a photographer as well.
Those are some amazing shots! (and of course you have a winning subject!)
-Natalie :flwr:

chestersmum
25th February 2007, 01:26 AM
Hi Ho Silver, Away! You go Pesto! Such wonderful pictures! A true little cutie! Way to go!

Cleo's Person
26th February 2007, 06:51 PM
Wow!!!! What amazing photos. They just made me burst out laughing. Pesto looks like a very very happy boy!

I'm with you on the sitting on dining chairs thing. We have taken to pushing the chairs the whole way in under the table when we are not sitting on them, otherwise Cleo jumps up and helps herself to whatever takes her fancy! To facilitate this, there is now one chair which is placed a bit away from the table next to the wall (they can't all fit under the table together and still be Cleo free). This chair has been comandeered by Cleo and she sits on it watching with disappointment at every bite that erroneously makes its way to our tummies rather than hers. Those big, brown doleful cav eyes are very hard to resist!

Battie4
28th February 2007, 08:23 AM
that is one of the best CKCS pictures I have seen! its hilarious, I never knew a CKCS could jump like that, people are always saying they are lap dogs, but this definently shows another dimension!

Spencer'sMom
1st March 2007, 01:32 AM
OMG those pictures are fabulous! The last in flight shot is my favorite. I mean this in the most loving way possible but don't you think Pesto looks a little like a blenheim colored Gremlin? :D

freesia
1st March 2007, 04:35 PM
Superdog to the resuce, those pics are brilliant, what a giggle. :D

Joanne M
13th March 2007, 03:50 PM
Fantastic pictures he flies right through the air.....WOW ! All he needs now is a cape.

gocamping
13th March 2007, 05:53 PM
Those are beautiful action shots!

Zippy
13th March 2007, 08:50 PM
Amazing action shots! :w*w:

nursejess80
14th March 2007, 01:27 AM
My husband and I love these photos!!! Such great action shots!

Heather Kay
20th March 2007, 11:19 PM
Wow, you should enter Pesto in agility contests :)

Laura&Lia
21st March 2007, 03:40 AM
Amazing pics!!!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Briland
21st March 2007, 11:11 PM
These are just incredible!!! And so FUNNY!!!

Caraline
22nd March 2007, 06:55 AM
I just love those photographs. Pesto looks like just such a fun boy.