• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pesto is a Cavalier but wants to be a Bombadeer I guess

Pesto's got your back

When he stays at my parents' house, you can tell how much he loves the freedom of the spaciousness compared to my humble condo. He has this hilarious habit of launching off the two steps that lead into the carpeted family room.

When you are present watching him run and jump, it happens so fast he appears serious and focused on his launch. But I decided to set up my camera on a tripod and try to capture some mid air action to see what's really going on. Is that the face of pure glee or WHAT?

leap_0143.jpg

leap_0147.jpg

leap_0155.jpg

leap_0156.jpg

leap_0157.jpg

And of course, everything in motion must eventually come to a rest:

pesto_0148.jpg

pesto_0300.jpg

As a side note, I can't help but notice Pesto has the least prominent white markings on his forehead that I've seen of any Blenheim. In that sense he's definitely not show material, but he is unique!

joe

the last jumping one is a classic!! that would have won the 'cavaliers in flight' theme contest by a country mile!

Oh Joe those are great action shots. Pesto looks like he may be a rabbit in the disguise of a cavalier. :lol:

OMG that would of won for sure.
He looks like Superman.

Is it a plane,
Is it Superman
No it is Super Joe. :D :D :D :D

AWESOME photos! I really need to get a new camera so I can catch action shots like that. If I saw him do that in person I would be laughing so hard I think I would wet myself!!!

I was having a rather bad day put that is just the pick up I needed to restore my faith in the world. Absolutely delightful pictures and really made me laugh. Please give him a big kiss from me and thank you for sharing.

:w*w: what an amazing dog you've got. how on earth did pictures of that?! there BRILL!!!! :snap: my daughter says call him Captain Pesto the pilot cl*p

haha... Pesto is about 7 months and 1 week old. I actually plan on trying another round of shots (he does this all the time) but get a better exposure without flash... these pics are a little too dim. I use a Canon 20D with a 50mm f/1.4 prime lens (for those who are into cameras).

The real trick is getting the manual focus right ahead of time (no time for autofocus)... which means estimating the distance between the camera and his in-flight position beforehand, etc. The blurry shots would have been great with proper focus.

He's a real jumper, he also leaps from ottomans to couches to floor to ottoman and back... he's superfly! The problem is he still helps himself to jumping on dining chairs in order to get a better survey of what's going on the dinner table :sl*p:

Cavaliers in flight contest, eh? hm

Amazing photos!!!!!!!!! I laughed out loud when I saw them.... He is too cute!!!! Thanks for sharing those... I have to show them to my hubby, I know he's going to love seeing them too.

Back