PDA

View Full Version : Bully sticks

Jen
22nd February 2007, 07:54 PM
So I broke down and bought the dogs bully sticks and everyone is right, they went NUTS for them! I was always leary as I'm not crazy about what they actually are, but now I look at it as recycling...that helps. :roll:

For the US members, do you order online? If so, where? We buy ours at a local petstore, but they seem very expensive.

Nancy
22nd February 2007, 08:25 PM
They ARE very expensive, go on ebay to get the best prices, there is a nice lady Janet something in PA who I buy from a lot.

BarbMazz
22nd February 2007, 08:25 PM
I order bully sticks from [/url]http://kninekountry.com/[url]

It's a great company with nice people. Their bully sticks are all natural and the quality is always good. You can choose "smoked" or "natural". I normally order "natural" because they don't smell quite as much as the smoked ones.

I just received an order from them today. For 100 6" "standard" bully sticks the price was $126, which I guess is about $1.25 each? They'll sell you as many as you want, and they have a ton of different sizes.... I think they even have them 36" long!! :yikes

I buy in a larger quantity because I have four dogs. It's cheaper that way, and my dogs go through a ton of them!

judy
22nd February 2007, 08:28 PM
.... I was always leary as I'm not crazy about what they actually are, but now I look at it as recycling...that helps. :roll:

:rotfl: good one. ..

For the US members, do you order online? If so, where? We buy ours at a local petstore, but they seem very expensive.

I used to get them from a bulk bin at the pet store. when Zack was little and i got him his first one, i got him a large size because that's what he was playing with where i got him, the day i brought him home. he loved his bully stick so, and it never got smaller. he's not that powerful of a chewer. It didn't get used up. but it got lots of use. So the price didn't matter. I did get some more, different sizes, mainly i got more beccause they could get lost some times.
:sl*p:

i don't remember what they cost. the one thing that contributed to my stopping giving them to him was, i started getting some that smelled bad, and i was told it's a matter of luck, some smell bad , some don't . when they do smell bad, they are REALLY bad, and puppy smells just like them.
but i also stopped so that zack would become more interested in his food.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/399049334_501b12afa1_m.jpg

BarbMazz
22nd February 2007, 08:33 PM
..... and another nice product that KnineKountry has are duck and chicken breast strips. They are dried strips of real poultry. They come in a nice canister and my dogs all go crazy for them.

.... and I see my link thingee didn't work... I'll try again:

http://kninekountry.com/

molly
22nd February 2007, 08:45 PM
Odor free bully sticks/good prices: 100 (7 inch) for $106+shipping: http://www.bullysticksonline.com/servlet/StoreFront

The ebay vendor that Nancy mentioned: http://stores.ebay.com/DOG-e-Beg-PET-BASKETS-TREATS-CHEWS

Another one I use: http://bullysticks.com/

BarbMazz
22nd February 2007, 08:50 PM
FYI: bullysticks.com and kninekountry are the same company.

I just checked the bullysticksonline pricing and it is good! I'm going to order from them next time. Thanks for posting that link!

Spencer'sMom
22nd February 2007, 09:30 PM
I got a box of 100 from bullysticksonline last summer and we still have about 25. Spencer loves then and they don't smell at all like the ones I got from the pet store. They also arrived only a few days after I placed the order.

Cathy Moon
23rd February 2007, 12:22 AM
Wow, this thread is turning out to be BullyStick Central! I'm going to put it into my favorites list! :thnku:

We've been buying bully sticks from Pet Supplies Plus, and it's breaking the bank.

Jen
23rd February 2007, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the great tips. I'm going with bullysticksonline--good prices and odor free! We'll see...

Julie S
23rd February 2007, 01:32 AM
I seriously cannot get over thinking about what they are. UGH!!!!!!!!! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Gingers Mommy
23rd February 2007, 01:36 AM
I know its been said before, and I may have subconciously chosen not to remember what they really are.....so dare I ask....What are they made of again?

Cathy Moon
23rd February 2007, 01:37 AM
:lol: They are what makes a bull a bull! :badgrin:

Lani
23rd February 2007, 01:39 AM
Estee ... are you ready??? ....

They are bull penises :yikes

Those are some seriously cheap online prices ...

Cathy Moon
23rd February 2007, 01:39 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/399049334_501b12afa1_m.jpg
Judy, Zack is such a little sweetie in this photo!!! :wggle:

Charleen
23rd February 2007, 01:48 AM
I get mine from http://www.bullysticks.com/ - They are somehow connected to Knine Kountry Distributing which I see that someone else posted. The customer service with www.bullysticks.com has been excellent.

Gingers Mommy
23rd February 2007, 01:58 AM
I thought it had something to do with that region! YUCK!!!
And I hate to say this, but sometimes I hold it for Ginger so she can really get at it....and then my hand stinks. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

molly
23rd February 2007, 05:26 AM
:lol: They are what makes a bull a bull! :badgrin:

Cathy: that is the best description I have ever heard. I know I'll be using that one! LOL.

molly
23rd February 2007, 05:36 AM
Barb Mazz... and anybody else who buys the strips of freeze dried chicken treats for their dogs: Costco has them the cheapest I found:

2.5 lb. bag is $12 (made from 10 lbs. of chicken). My crew loves them. The brand name is Wagging Train brand Jerky Tenders.

Charleen
23rd February 2007, 09:42 AM
That is a fantastic price. I buy a similar product and I was excited when I found it for $24 last week for 2 pounds of Chicken Jerky (made from 8# Chicken), because I had been paying $28 for a different vendor's product.

Cathy Moon
23rd February 2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the tips on the chicken strips. I'm going to try to get a recipe for making those. :)

BarbMazz
23rd February 2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the great tips. I'm going with bullysticksonline--good prices and odor free! We'll see...

I received an order from kninekountry yesterday. I normally order the "natural" as opposed to smoked. This time they were out of natural so I said I'd take smoked. I don't know if it's because they are smoked, but man, do they stink to high heaven! I've emailed the company to ask if I can return them, but haven't heard back yet. I never had an odor problem with the "natural" ones, so I don't know.

If they allow me to return them I am going to try the free range odor free sticks from bullysticksonline.

BarbMazz
23rd February 2007, 05:22 PM
Barb Mazz... and anybody else who buys the strips of freeze dried chicken treats for their dogs: Costco has them the cheapest I found:

2.5 lb. bag is $12 (made from 10 lbs. of chicken). My crew loves them. The brand name is Wagging Train brand Jerky Tenders.

I don't belong to Costco (yet), but that sounds good! We do have one right up the road from us. Maybe I'll see if I can get a guest pass to look around and shop a bit.

Charleen
3rd March 2007, 05:18 PM
Molly - Today I found the Wagging Train brand Jerky Tenders you mentioned on 2/23/07. At WalMart 32 oz bag for $12.88. I thought of you when I found it. I was paying $28 for a different brand a pet food store.

Linda
3rd March 2007, 09:36 PM
I wish Costco would carry the Bully Sticks here in Canada, we get the Chicken Strips and they are a amazing price.

Us Canadians can't order Bully Sticks from the US, you know Canada Customs won't let any food over the border. :x :x :x

Charleen
3rd March 2007, 09:49 PM
Linda,

What if an American friend brought you the bully sticks and stayed for a cavalier visit? Would customs let us do that? We were talking about me driving up after winter was over. I wouldn't mind bringing bully sticks with me. :drivecar:

Linda
3rd March 2007, 10:11 PM
Linda,

What if an American friend brought you the bully sticks and stayed for a cavalier visit? Would customs let us do that? We were talking about me driving up after winter was over. I wouldn't mind bringing bully sticks with me. :drivecar:

Hi Charleen

Sounds terrific, but not sure if they would take them when crossing the border. :x :x :x
They have some very strict food regulations, hmmmmmmm unless we didn't share that with them. ;) ;) ;) ;)

When are you back from your trip. ??????

Hmmm Charleen I am doing a head count of the cavaliers we could have, Let's see

My two
Your four
Sara's two
Debbie's Kodee
Coco's mom
Zippy
I know there are a few more Canadians.

So let's say about 14 cavaliers, Yipeeeeeeeeee what a party. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Zippy
3rd March 2007, 11:21 PM
Count me in if you're running for the boarder!

Go bullysticks!! :lol:

On a serious note, they are "beef products", so beware of Customs!!

Charleen
4th March 2007, 01:22 AM
Linda,
I leave for Finland and Russia on April 5th and get back on April 15th. I am now in my one month countdown getting ready for the trip. I always like to read up on everything to do with the country's I am visiting and lean a pinch of their language. On top of all that studying, I have to get my taxes prepared. Normally the deadline is April 15th, but since I will be away, I need them done and mailed before I leave.

Let me know when you want to gather. It will be so much fun.