• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tell me this can't be true...

:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

That's insane.. that seriously goes against EVERY moral rule in the book in my opinion! :( How dare these outfitters mislead you by putting DOG FUR in your coat rather than fake fur! I can't believe it. What if somebody was allergic?! :x

:yikes I seriously hope that there is a lawsuit!! If I ever purchased a coat that I thought had fake fur on it, and discovered that it was not fake fur, I would defintely sue their tails off. That is so awful and so sad and pathetic, I will never ever buy a thing from any of those designers, ever.

Any fur from a real animal is an abomination. UK tv news programmes featured the fact that some of this years catwalk fashions contain real fur again, though the fashion houses claim that the items marketed will have faux fur.

The use of real was an advertising stunt, but I hope it loses, not gains trade for them. Some of the faux fur is so realistic that if people must look as though they are wearing dead animal, then they have no excuse.

:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Ack! OMG.... I hope it's not real.....

At least it sounds like the high-end retailers are taking it seriously, have pulled all "suspicious articles" and are performing a thorough investigation regarding the claim.

I would be absolutely abhorred to find out that I jacket that I bought (assuming faux fur) was actually domestic DOG!!!! Aauuuuuggghhhhhh!!!!!

A lot of cat fur is also used on... you guessed it, cat and dog toys. :shock: Like those little furry mice you can get at pet shops for your cat? You can test whether fur is real fur by just removing a small bit and holding a match to it -- it will smell like burnt hair, very distinctive, if it is real fur. There has been similar suspicions that a lot of 'rabbit fur' coats, expecially from cheap retailers, is cat fur from China as it is very hard to document origin.

wow i hope that isnt true!!!!! thats terrible!

A lot of cat fur is also used on... you guessed it, cat and dog toys.
:shock: :yikes :shock:

Btw...Shelly your pup (avatr pic) is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm disgusted though sadly not too surprised, I really struggle emotionally with things like this. I don't understand the human race at all ??????
I mean faux or otherwise why do people wear fur ?
The only reason we wear clothes is for warmth but somehow people who are lacking in areas of their personality/life need to make themselves feel adequate by having posh, designer gear at whatever cost and have forgotton the purpose of clothes. Shame on you fur wearing humans :x

Back