PDA

View Full Version : Shoes

Kelz
23rd February 2007, 08:50 PM
We have had really wet weather here and when Harvey gets in from his walks his feet are soaked so I have to try and dry him, would it be really daft to get him some waterproof doggy shoes?
My husband thinks I am barking mad! yet he is quick enough to complain when harvey jumps on his with soaking wet feet haha

Natalie
23rd February 2007, 09:08 PM
i am not allowed to put lady in doggy shoes jason won't let me. We have been training lady to sit on a towel when she comes in from walks and the garden then i just dry her feet with a towel. She starting to get better at sitting on the towel but only because she gets treats after. Also could you trim the hair between the pads of her feet that might help with muddy foot prints.

Kelz
23rd February 2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah we do the towel thing also. I trim his feet betwen the toes/pads etc as you say, but he can have wet feet for hours after a walk, cannot be nice bless him.

arasara
23rd February 2007, 11:46 PM
if you're looking for waterproof shoes, don't get gooby booties!!

I have muttlukks and they aren't 100% but I would say they are 70% on a bad day and 90% on a good day. They are originally developed for snow but have waterproof bottoms. I don't know if you'll find much better.

I'm totally up for booties as long as they work - i have dark hardwood in my house and the prints are everywhere! :yikes

Kdemars
26th February 2007, 07:03 PM
I cannot find muttlukks - did you get them online? Great topic by the way!!

Kelz
26th February 2007, 07:36 PM
I found some on Ebay, probably not the best but hey I am short of cash at the moment with moving house, they are really cute, they are waterproof, fleece lined black ones from Tomml.
They will do until I have some money to buy better ones, unless of course they do the job!!