PDA

View Full Version : probably a very dumb question...

mt0382
23rd February 2007, 11:22 PM
so i'm driving out to cocoa beach tomorrow for henry's first trip to the beach, and was wondering if i need to put on any sunscreen on him. i know it sounds very stupid now that i am reading it back, but i know how we can get badly burned on our scalps through hairlines. im so excited to show him the water! i don't plan to have him spend too much time in the sun and i will give him tons of water so he doesn't overheat. so don't laugh at my dumb question, i feel silly for even wondering about that. oh well.

Cathy T
23rd February 2007, 11:41 PM
Not a dumb question at all!! So many dogs do get sunburned. When I take my two to the beach I don't use any. But there's really nowhere to put it since they are so hairy. I make sure we aren't in the sun too long and I bring some kind of shade if we're going to be out for very long.

Maxwell&me
24th February 2007, 12:06 AM
There noses can get sunburned...but sunscreen cannot go on the mucus membrains....Perhaps you should just limit his sun exposure? I do know they have hats for dogs...and also I do remember seeing something at the local pet boutique for the sun....but I dunno?
[/code]