• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

probably a very dumb question...

mt0382

so i'm driving out to cocoa beach tomorrow for henry's first trip to the beach, and was wondering if i need to put on any sunscreen on him. i know it sounds very stupid now that i am reading it back, but i know how we can get badly burned on our scalps through hairlines. im so excited to show him the water! i don't plan to have him spend too much time in the sun and i will give him tons of water so he doesn't overheat. so don't laugh at my dumb question, i feel silly for even wondering about that. oh well.

Not a dumb question at all!! So many dogs do get sunburned. When I take my two to the beach I don't use any. But there's really nowhere to put it since they are so hairy. I make sure we aren't in the sun too long and I bring some kind of shade if we're going to be out for very long.

There noses can get sunburned...but sunscreen cannot go on the mucus membrains....Perhaps you should just limit his sun exposure? I do know they have hats for dogs...and also I do remember seeing something at the local pet boutique for the sun....but I dunno?
[/code]

Back