• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snow in Minnesota???

Bruce H

I can hardly believe my eyes, we actually have snow in Minnesota! Who ever would have thought? They were forcasting aywhere from 10" to 14", depending on who you listened to and we have may 8" to 10".

Anyway, I cleaned out the driveway and then ran the snowblower out back and blew out trails for the dogs. They seem to be having a lot of fun chasing around out back; sometimes they follow the trails, sometimes not.

402261652_7b2a43bbb7.jpg

402261651_2cb4ecc2f7.jpg

Very cute. :p I love seeing doggies in the snow. I often wonder what they're thinking when they see lots and lots of strange white stuff . . .

We in the very northern part of Illinois got about 6 inches of VERY heavy, wet snow.
What I don't get is why dogs that HATE to go out in the rain will absolutely frolic in the snow.

Great photo Bruce! We never get snow here in Nowra, Australia. I wish we did because i'd love to see what Chester would make of it!

Hope Kris and all the furbabies are well. Have all the puppies gone to their new homes yet?

From Chester and his mummy, Lisa

I love how you snowblowed the trails for them! It looks like they are having a blast in the snow! We got about a foot here.

WoodHaven said:
We in the very northern part of Illinois got about 6 inches of VERY heavy, wet snow.
What I don't get is why dogs that HATE to go out in the rain will absolutely frolic in the snow.

I'm with you Sandy, I don't get that either. These dogs will be absolutely soaking wet after playing in the snow and they love it. And yet when it rains in the summer, we have to get behind them and push them out the door. Then they sit under the overhang and whine to come in. Goofy dogs; wish I knew what goes inside those furry little brains!

Lisa: Down to 4 puppies. We are holding on to 2 to be able to work around people's vacations (I think it's a ploy on their part to get a housebroken puppy lol) and we are hanging on to the 2 boys for a while because we think they may have show potential. Normally we have been keeping the puppies up on the deck that's been shoveled, but decided yesterday to bring them down to the ground and see how they liked the trails. What a hoot! A couple of them tried to go off trail in the deep snow, got stuck, and had to be rescued! But they loved it!

Sandy & Bruce - mine are the same way. Love snow and hate rain. :roll: Luke loves the snow so much, that he rolls in it every time I let him out. His fur is always sticking straight out on his back, because he does this. He looks like a teddy bear instead of a cavalier.

Luke also loves to trail blaze and make his own paths. I'll have to keep an eye out, in case he gets stuck like yours have. We have about 3-4 feet in the yard, depending on the drifting. For the most part they only sink a little bit. They pretty much can walk on top of the snow.

Bruce H said:
WoodHaven said:

I'm with you Sandy, I don't get that either.

Because you cant put your head under rain and flip it off your nose! My husband started shovelling a little path for Kodee as she was so small when she got her a mth ago. Now there is no point - she avoids it so she can walk on the banks and feel big and mighty :lol:

I love the country like your picture where the snow just goes on. Snow is not as nice a site in the city (where I live) though

Back