• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi Everyone

freesia

So pleased I found this site, full of information and friendly people.

I haven't got a cav yet, I'm busy saving up for one at the moment and reading up on whatever I can find about them. I do know what they are like though because my hubbies aunt had two and they were real characters, beautiful, loving dogs and ever so gentle.

I had a retriever for 12yrs before I had to have him put to sleep. We have been without a dog for too long and I feel the time is right now, for another.

We have two cats and a rabbit, so we would be careful how we introduce them.

We will need to find a breeder of course. I know I would like a tri colour girl, I think that little bit of brown above the eyes makes them look wicked in a cute sort of way

:D

Freesia said:
I haven't got a cav yet, I'm busy saving up for one at the moment and reading up on whatever I can find about them.

icon_welcome Good on you! Smart people research their subject, and you have sure come to the right place to do that.

Hi

We have had a house rabbit for 2 years and decided to get a cavalier, they get on really well as you will see from our pictures in the puppy gallery (Harvey & Eddie the chase!). We introduced them through the cage for the first few times and then let the rabbit out when Harvey was out, the rabbit (Eddie) is definately the boss, but it only took a couple of days maybe a week for them to get use to each other.We chose the cavalier because of their reputation for getting along with other animals and through our experience we certianly got the right breed. I hope that this is helpful to you and i am sure you will find that other members feel the same about how this breed can live in harmony with other animals.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Thank you for making me feel welcome. :D
My cats are actually frightened of the rabbit, see him out they head straight for the wall. Though he has never attacked them, just wants to be friendly.

Hi and Welcome. Sorry to hear you lost your beloved dog. Glad to see you are looking for another. Hope you find the dog of your dreams!

Harvey's mum just had a look at the pics, they look so cute together.

Thanks Molly, I actually lost our Prince 12yrs ago but I never stop thinking of him. For mothers day last year my youngest daughter (12yrs) had found my favourite pic of him and put it in a lovely frame for me. She was just a baby when he went. Brought tears to my eyes.

Hey there! and welcome!!! Also sorry to hear about the loss of your retriever :(

For mothers day last year my youngest daughter (12yrs) had found my favourite pic of him and put it in a lovely frame for me

thats so sweet!

im sure you'll find tonnes of information about cavaliers on here!! and i hope you find the perfect dog! ( though all cavs in my opinion are perfect).. :flwr: good luck :flwr:

Back