PDA

View Full Version : puppias

Kelz
26th February 2007, 08:28 AM
I have read a few threads on here where people have mentioned the puppias, what size would be best for an adult cavalier then? a few have said the mediums were too tight.
plus do you think they are worth the money, do you have the coats or harnesses or are you a puppia addict and have the lot? haha

I want Harvey to have a nice fashionable harness, also when we get our girl pup end of the year she will want a harness and a coat with it being winter, but wil they do things small enough for puppies?

inca
26th February 2007, 10:00 AM
hi kel
i had never seen then until i came here but now all 5 of mine have one yes they are good i have bought most of mine from ebay

Kelz
26th February 2007, 03:43 PM
I have found a camoflage one on ebay size large, I think I will get it for harvey!
I ordered him some waterproof shoes last week haha.

ooh once we get our pup at the end of the year she will also get some nice things!

Lynn
26th February 2007, 03:54 PM
We bought our Puppia's from ipuppyzone.com. I have just ordered twice from this company and am EXTREMELY pleased. Both times the order arrived super quickly with regular UPS shipping. (example: order on a Wednesday morning, items came on Friday of the same week...I think they are located in NY or NJ....and I live in Maine...shipping distance was not too far, but still....very impressive time frame)

My dh and I are really pleased with the Puppias over the conventional harness. We feel that they are the best way to secure the pups to the lead in the most comfortable way for them. Right now we do not have a fenced in yard (plan to put a fence up this year) so our pups have to be on a lead....and when they run, they get yanked when they come to the end of it...and this soft harness seems to be best for them.

If it was not for this forum, I wouldn't know about Puppias...so I am very grateful to this group!

arasara
26th February 2007, 05:03 PM
oh Lynn!! How dare you!! :yikes :yikes :yikes

I was just starting to get this obsessive shopping under control! icon_whistling

That is a great site with some wonderful sale prices. :)

I have bought my puppias from www.tiabellas.com - the site owner is a member of cavalier talk and so if we need something we know how to stalk her down and hunt her! :yikes :badgrin: She also has great customer service though and ships very fast - anywhere in the world! :flwr:

Kelz
26th February 2007, 07:37 PM
They sound fab then, anyone know any UK sites, have been on ebay also!

merlinsmum
26th February 2007, 07:48 PM
www.pawsdelight.co.uk - excellent service

Kelz
26th February 2007, 07:52 PM
Thank you very much, also just bought one off ebay so I will see how me and Harvey get on with it!
worth a try as he always runs when on walks and ends up chocking himself with his collar!

inca
26th February 2007, 07:56 PM
Thank you very much, also just bought one off ebay so I will see how me and Harvey get on with it!
worth a try as he always runs when on walks and ends up chocking himself with his collar!

what colour did you go for

Kelz
26th February 2007, 07:59 PM
camoflage! in size Large. I thought it would look lovely on harvey.

Oh, just noticed the name of the ebay seller! its Pawsdelight!!! same as the link I was just given :D

Karlin
26th February 2007, 09:24 PM
Off topic but I think Tetley is a great name for a cat. :winkct:

Sizing really depends on the size and build of your cavalier. Larges would be huge on my three. Eeven a medium is a bit large for Lily but the small is too small. That's for the mesh harnesses; some of the others fit very differently.

Kodee
27th February 2007, 12:11 AM
For your puppy a small is good. I have a 12wk old female that weights 7.4 lbs and the strap is only about half way. For a puppy I love and hate it! Its hard to get on - head larger than neck, it wont fit her long i can tell and puppies are hard to get to sit to get it on sometimes. But it definately is alot better than having an untrained puppy hit the end of the leash full tilt!

Roxanne
27th February 2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks Sara !!! Yep , I ship all over the world ;) and I think my prices are very competitive. Thanks for looking ! www.tiabellas.com

Caraline
27th February 2007, 01:18 AM
I've just ordered one each for Sonny & Beau. Getting them through eBay and they had neck & chest measurements, so I went by that, rather than just going on small, medium or large.

Hope they are as great as you lot rave about :D

KimNIndy
27th February 2007, 08:24 PM
hi kelz---

roxanne shipped 2 puppias to me in ireland. it took less than a week and with the exchange rate it ended up costing less than buying them from an irish site (including shipping) so i'd definately have a look!

the little treat biscuits enclosed smelled almost good enough to be for humans :lol:

k

Kelz
27th February 2007, 09:16 PM
Will certainly take a look!

Kelz
28th February 2007, 11:55 AM
Well the one I bought off ebay arrived today, it is lovely! only thing is with Harvey being a bit overweight at the moment (which is being dealt with he got very gloomy when our other dog was pts last summer and he was extremely difficult to get him motivated even on walks - but now he has perked up a lot and loves his walks now which is brill)
it doesnt actually fit properly.

Chardonnay
28th February 2007, 08:53 PM
Roxanne - I'm so happy to hear you ship to Canada..awesome

The breeder where I am getting Porsche doesn't like harnesses and recommends collars. Why do you think that is?

But after reading the great reviews on here, I think I want to get a Puppia.

I think I'll wait until Porsche arrives before I order because she'll be 81/2 months old then and I would like to get one that will see her into adulthood.

Crittercall
6th March 2007, 06:16 AM
This is great. I just came through here wondering where to get puppias for my girls, and my daughter wants one for her Jack Russell. CHARGE!!!

Caraline
6th March 2007, 09:31 AM
The Puppia's I ordered off eBay Australia arrived Monday and they are fantastic. I got a small one for baby Beau and 2 large ones... one for Sonny & one for Beau when he grows up. They are the best harnesses I have ever seen & both Sonny & Beau were as pleased as Punch to be wearing them.