• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flying with Finley

Shelly91180

Hi Everyone!! :flwr:

This is my first post. I have a 4month old ruby boy named Finley. He's my little baby. We are looking to go on vacation in October, he will be 1y/o then, and I am wondering about flying him in the cabin of a plane with us.

Any help would be great or recommendations. He is 9 pounds now, so I'm hoping he won't be too big.

Thanks for any help,

Finley's Mom

Hi Shelly. Sorry, I don't have any help for you on flying.. Just want to say welcome and that Finley is very cute!

Cavaliers are about the max for under the seat cabin travel. You just have to hope that you don't get someone checking them in that insists they have to be able to turn around. But usually they are very nice.

We haven't yet flown with our cav but are planning to in June and she should be around 8 months by then. I got some great advice on this forum and it sounds like flying with them in-cabin can totally be done. We just bought a Celltei backback that fits in the cabin to get her used to being in it now so she doesn't freak out (she already loves it!). Call the airline that your going to be traveling with and get the dimensions for the underseat area. They are different on each airline and plane type I think. I also had to set up arrangements with them too since they only allow a certain number of animals to be brought on board as carry on. They wanted to know her estimated weight and the dimensions of her bag. So set this up sooner than later. I've also heard that you can give some children's benadryl so they will sleep (I still need to talk to the vet about this). If you search the forum for airline travel and the like you should be able to pull up some past discussions on the same issue! I found lots of good info that way.

Back