• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Body building for doggies!!!

Yaron

I was quite amazed to see that underwater treadmill for dogs!

I went to meet with a top professional trainer and breeder(not of cavaliers) in Israel.

It was the first time that I have ever seen anythink like it. It seems very cool and it makes alot of sense to get some workout for a show dog to be more muscular...

What do you think of that? Do people use such things for show cavaliers?

Generally, those hydro-treadmills (see http://www.fernovetsystems.com/smallanimal/index.htm) are used for physical therapy in a veterinary setting... generally for neurological or orthopedic treatment (I believe several dogs on this list used hydrotherapy after patella surgery). It helps to provide resistance, as well as offer buoyancy, to speed healing and improve muscle strength & range-of-motion. I've never used of it being used to condition a show dog. Some more muscular working show breeds do use regular treadmills, but I have yet to hear of a show Cavalier being conditioned on one.

Back