• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisy is home! (PICS)

My Wesley

Well, I went and picked up Daisy last night. I felt so bad for her family because they were crying about the whole thing. You could tell they really love her. They live in an apartment in the city, which I think might have been part of the issue. She was going potty inside on the potty pads. But, if she's let outside, she will do her business outside. She did great in the crate on the way home in the car. Then when they were home the two were going crazy! Or I must say, Wesley was going crazy! He keeps barking! And you can tell Daisy is trying to take over the dominant roll. She's adjusting to us with no problem so far, but seems to be really annoyed with Wesley. :) They both slept through the night in their crates next to eachother just fine. And she has been going potty outside w/ no problem. I didn't even bring any pee pads inside because I don't want her to think at all that it's ok to go in here. I'm a little overwhelmed with her jumping all over the couch to get away from Wesley, but we try to direct her attention back down to the floor. I got her to eat about half of her breakfast this morning, but she still hasn't taken a drink of water at all.

Overall, things are going well. This is a one week trial period. Her other owners want to make sure she's really going to do ok. So we'll see how the week progresses with her and Wesley!

Here are some pics!

"Ok little boy.... I'M in charge and I'M on TOP!"
WesNDaisy010small.jpg

"Mmmmm.... I'll just snuggle up to sleep on this nice man's lap."
WesNDaisy014small.jpg

"Dangit Daisy! Play with me!!!!!"
WesNDaisy018small.jpg

I am glad to hear that you have Daisy home with you. There will be an adjustment period and it may last more than one week too. It takes time for the dogs and the humans to work out the new routine. Good Luck! I am very excited for you.

She looks lovely. I dont know if wesley is the same as Alfie but Alfie barks at Harvey if he wants to play and Harvey is ignoring him. They seem to be doing well together, I am sure they are going to be fine.

She looks rather right at home all snuggled up! And Wesley looks might smitten himself with her! Enjoy!

Wesley barks at her like crazy! and she of course ignores him. She started getting a little more frisky this morning wanting to taunt him and turn the tables around on him where she's now chasing him. I just unfortunately have a splitting headache from all of Wesley's barking. :?

So far, so good!

Your headache description reminds me of the new extra strength tylenol ad where the girl volunteers at the Cat Shelter :lol: oh sorry but the image just popped in my head :flwr:

Shannon, here is a little unsolicited advice. Adult dogs do not care for puppies. You should let her escape from him, and she will eventually hopefully show him she is dominant. It is his house but he is the baby and must learn manners. I had this situation once and it took a long time, until finally my adult dog barked back at the puppy and changed the relationship. You may also need to interfere and reprimand him too if she doesn't.

She looks like she is doing great!!

Cody attempted to get away from Zoey for the first few days she was home because she wanted to wrestle 24/7 (and he is a big fraidy cat and was scared of the little black thing that was chasing him, even though he was three times her weight) :roll: . They will work it out and when Wesley gets used to the idea of her being there permanantly he will ease up.

I would focus a lot of attention on Wesley by playing with him in a seperate room and WEARING him out so that way he is calmer when he is with her. I mean play rough with him until he is exhausted (tug of war, chase, take a walk, etc..) so that way his energy level isn't off the charts :D I did this with Zoey so Cody could get to know her when she wasn't a tazmanian devil. Now they are best buds and wear each other out! (y)

Your week trial period is coming to a close and I know you took Daisy to the vet's office recently to check for any health issues. How have things been progressing? Do you have a decision yet on whether Daisy is the right fit for Wesley and your family?

Thanks for asking Charleen! Daisy is doing great! She has no health issues found by the vet. We got more shots up to date and she's good to go. She's very good with me bathing her and touching her teeth, etc. She's been SO good! I went today and got her a new crate too because the one they had for her before was a little on the small side and she couldn't sit up in it. She really loves it here and her and Wesley are getting along great! Now if I could just get him to stop trying to mount her! Poor girl! Thank goodness she's spayed!

Men and their need to dominate!!

She's a pretty girl, and I'm glad that you have her. We like to talk to and about our dogs like they are human (I told Wallis last night that I had raised her better than to chew on rocks!) but they are, after all, dogs and have to work out their relationships.

You guys will have such fun!!

I am glad to hear Daisy is adjusted well to your home. Wesley is just practicing for his big day.

Jolly, my puppy liked to play with Pippin. Well the playing got out of hand. I had Jolly fixed 2.5 months ago and he tried to mount Pippin last Sunday. Pippin's a boy. Pip turned around and gave Jolly his, knock it off kid growl. :lol:

Daisy will let Wesley know when he has stepped over the line. ;)

Back