• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy left to die in stairwell

Kodee

Obviously anyone here cant understand how someone would do this, but what I dont understand is, how in an stairwell in an apartment no one else heard? Those stairwells echo... disguisting

Feb 27, 2007 04:30 AM
OTTAWA–The gruesome discovery of a dog tied to a railing in an apartment building stairwell and left to die is being called one of the most horrific cases of animal cruelty witnessed in Ottawa in years.

It has prompted the Ottawa Humane Society, for the first time in its known history, to offer a reward – $500 – for information leading to charges in the case of the dead 1 1/2-year-old Boxer-type pup.

The dog's body was found Feb. 18 by police officers called to a break-in. The humane society was called and has taken over the investigation.

Humane society executive director Bruce Roney says an autopsy was unable to determine how long the dog was tied in the stairwell, but from the appearance of the scene, it seems to have been quite awhile.

"Clearly the dog had panicked and was suffering and was scratching and I would imagine was barking at one point," Roney said.

He called it "one of the most horrific cases that I have seen here, and I have been here about 6 1/2 years."

Canadian Press

Is it just me or has there been a sudden increase in cases like this. Or maybe I'm just more aware now (as well as the media). I am from Baltimore, MD and we have had several very gruesome cases of animal cruelty reported here lately. It just breaks my heart...

Lenee said:
Is it just me or has there been a sudden increase in cases like this. Or maybe I'm just more aware now (as well as the media). I am from Baltimore, MD and we have had several very gruesome cases of animal cruelty reported here lately. It just breaks my heart...
Its hard to say whether a few reported cases spurs all the other sickos out there to follow. Or whether the wave is just the press deciding to give it more attention in spurts.

But I think the important part is the reward being offered, hopefully that will be a spurt to continue.

With as many animals lovers that there are in the world, it would have been no trouble to find the dog a new loving home, especially since it was a puppy. People are disgusting.

:( :( :( :( :(

:yikes :yikes :yikes That its terriblE!!!! how can anyone be that cruel!!!! i cant even think of people that would imagine doing that! That is truly cruel...

I hate stuff like this....why not just turn the poor animal loose and let it go instead. I hope they catch the sick "person" who did this. There just needs to be stiffer fines and prison sentences for animal abuse!!!

Back