• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

URGENT B&T TO BE KILLED IN AM/DUNDLK

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Please can anyone get this dog out of the pound tomorrow; please note there is offer of foster in Portlaoise and the rescuers MUST be contacted this evening to be able to intervene or this B&T WILL BE DEAD by tomorrow morning.

More info here

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=80511

I am away to the US in the morning and cannot get this dog out but if someone can just get him and hold him even in a crate for the day, and transport to Portlaoise to foster I can help get him sorted with tara after that. A crate or hallway for one day is better than dead!

THIS DOG HAS NO CHANCE AT ALL UNLESS SOMEONE CAN GET HIM. They will give him NO second chance. This pound WILL kill him by mid morning unless rescuers know someone can get him. :cry*ing: :cry*ing:

Please note people need to liaise directly with Ann who rescues from this pound -- contact details at link above -- we do not know if pound will even release him in the morning but if so he will need to be out immediately.

Oh please someone save this litle baby. I will say all the prayers I know that he can be rescued. h*lp

Someone has offered to foster on the Petsireland board, does she know to contact them direct rather than just post there? I don't have access to that forum to say anything there

I live in Dundalk. I can pick him up tomorrow if its needed, I wont be able to keep him but ill try to bring him wherever he needs to go. I spoke to Anne and she is going to call me if she needs me.

Murph.

Thanks Murph for offering to go get him -- that's an enormous help.

However sadly this dog is NOT safe.

The pound currently intends to put him down because the owners brought him in to have this be done due to his having supposedly bitten or nipped twice. We have no way of changing this -- the decision will lie with the pound -- they usually will not release dogs that are said to have bitten.

Someone will be speaking formally to the pound in the morning to see if they will allow him out on the basis that we will professionally temperament test (and we will also check for pain or other reasons he may have bitten). Let us hope they will allow this and that Murph will be able to get him out so that he can continue into foster.

*Please* do not directly contact the pound regarding this dog as this will make the situation more difficult than it currently is -- the rescuers will do the best that they can and we will know in the morning what the situation is.

This is just HORRIBLE, and I cant believe that the pound "just takes word for it" and puts them down....How very shameful~ :(

Hopefully the people that relinquished the dog cant get their hands on another anytime in the future....People just make me beyond sick sometimes.

Good wishes sent out to everybody involved that this little one can be tested and hopefully saved.

I wonder why the rescue have posted asking for a foster if they refuse to allow him to go because he is alleged to have bitten.
Fingers crossed for you little fella

This makes me sick! While I know that biting is a problem, if I had a dime for every time my Lhasa nipped at me, I'd me a rich woman and I had her for 13 years. That tends to be the temperament of Lhasas but certainly not Cavs. If this is true, there has to be a reason, which these people obviously didn't bother to find out. I can't beleive a pound would just put this dog to sleep when there are people who will take it. I pray they will release this poor dog.

OMG :yikes Poor little love. I hope that the pound will let him out. He can have a home here if need be. I will send him positive thoughts for his freedom & his life :hug:

Back