• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heart worm Vaccination

Caraline

Up until now all my dogs have been given a monthly dose of Heartguard. When my supply runs out I was seriously considering getting them all vaccinated against heart worm at the same time they get all their other vaccination.

However yesterday someone told me that the heart worming vaccination had been pulled off the market in America "because dogs were dying from it"

I know that there is a lot of scaremongering that goes on with many products, so I was wondering if anybody had heard about this.... in particular you guys there in the States.

Well I am thinking that it might have just been one of those rumours. I have searched the internet, looked at the news sites & asked around and nobody has heard that there was a recall or any problem with the vaccinations.

The vaccination has only been available in Australia for a couple of years, but I didn't want to rush into it with my guys until I was sure it is safe. The breeder that we got Sonny & Beau have all their CKCS vaccinated against HW & they said none of their dogs suffered any side effects or reaction to it.

Anyway, thanks Cathy for your input.

Back