• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cooper "Our Black Cavalier"

Karen S.

BeckyandCooper.jpg

Cooper with my daughter Rebecca when he was a puppy.

CooperatChristmas.jpg

Cooper and his first Christmas. He was 4 months old 2001.

CooperallGrownUp.jpg

Cooper all grown up.

It is so hard to take good pictures of him because he is so black. He is our very special guy!!!

:w*w: Karen!!!

Of course you know that your ruby boy Lucky is my favorite of your crew (wonder why ...??? icon_whistling ), but WOW!!!

Cooper is absolutely gorgeous. What great pictures!!!

Thanks for sharing them with us. :flwr:

Lucky

You know Lucky (ruby) is my very special baby. He has slept with me from the first night I brought him home. He is the go to guy when everyone else wants something. They go to him and seem to whisper and then he comes to me. Everyone knows I can't turn him down.

Each Cavalier has such a unique and different personality. It's a wonderful thing to watch and behold.

Thank you everyone for your comments on Cooper. He's such a joy and so are the rest.

Karen I think all the superlatives have been used to describe how amazing Cooper is, thank you so much for posting the pictures we all love cavaliers so much and now we have another rare color to love !! We're honored with Cooper's presence :) How much does he weigh? You may have answered this question before, if so, sorry for the repeat. I'm fascinated by him. Lucky is no less stunning. ALL of our cavaliers to me are the most beautiful dogs on the planet from the youngest puppies to the serene beauty of the senior dogs.

Holy cow, he is so gorgeous! And what lovely ears he has, he is one handsome boy!!

:l*v: :luv:

Kim

He is absolutely gorgeous.
:D :D

What a shiny gorgeous coat, it just gleams. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Cooper

Sorry it has taken so long to reply but I'll try to get your questions answered.

Cooper's sire was a black and tan imported from England. He has had success in limited showing. His dam is a very tiny ruby female but I don't know anything else about her. This was a first breeding for this pair and it produced 4 puppies. Cooper was first born (my daughter and I were there and got to see to the whole process). The other 3 puppies were all rubies and didn't make it after a few days.

Being a singleton puppy he didn't get the benefits of siblings and play.
We had to teach him how to play when we brought him home. Six months later when we brought Princess Puddles home she taught him very quickly about having a sister. They are very close. They have the same sire and their dams are sister littermates.

Today, Cooper weighs 19 lbs. and is in good health at age 5 1/2 years.
No signs, of MVP or anything else at this time. He is a great little guy!!!!

Back