• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My new puppy just born!!!!!

Battie4

Well after a while my puppy has just been born!!!!

I got a email from the breeder this afternoon telling me that the mom had its litter of two today!!

Here is a quick picture that she sent really quick, but she will be sending better ones later! Now comes the really hard part....picking one of the two!!!!
I got first choice on this litter but to be honest Im just glad that everything went alright with the birth. I had originally really wanted a blenheim but to be honest as I look at the galleries here on this site I realize that the tri is just as good looking! Well hopefully I will get more pictures to post!

ABBY_NEWBABIES2_28_07-2.jpg

Ok I must be an idiot but I cant seem to post the pic can someone show me how or send me to the correct page that tells me how? Thanks!

Aww congrats How exciting Now the countdown really begins! Im not sure why your picture didnt come out well but Im not really html savy myself ;) I hope the time passes quickly for you and I might be partial icon_whistling but I think tris are beautiful!

Congratulations! You will have such fun choosing which one you want, I bet they are both adorable!

:flwr:

Actually, I did a copy and paste of the link you had, and I saw the photo you wanted to post, they have gorgeous markings and Mom is beautiful!

Another tri lover here! Welcome to the dark side...lol

Congrats...how awesome! They look so adorable!!

here are pics of the newborn pups by themselves

here is the male pup
JACKNJILL2_28_07-13.jpg

and here is the female pup
JACKNJILL2_28_07-01.jpg

My friends and I all agree that they look like gerbils right now but Im sure they will grow up to very cute!!! Enjoy the pics!

Hmm the pics do not seem to be working, I followed the instructions on posting a picture how come its not working??

You are so lucky that your breeder is updating you like that. Mine did, but it made the wait so much harder. I got a weekly picture and it made me want her even more! Congrats! I bet you are so happy! Soon the breeder will be able to tell you their personalities and that will might make the decision easier for you... Why don't you take them both? icon_nwunsure

believe me the idea crossed my mind to take both! But I dont think the roomates Im living with right now be very happy with that cause we already have another small poodle/maltese mix in the house. Ive also read that its not a good idea to take 2 puppies from a liter cause they only bond with each other and no one else, I dont know if thats true or not but I will definently get the 1 pup first and then once I feel I can take care of another in comes ithe second one!

Ooooh, that is so exciting! "Our" pup is about 5 weeks now ... it was so exciting when the litter was born. Congrats to you and you can always comisserate with me if you need to vent about the long wait! :roll:

Welcome and congrats!

Our puppy choose us. Kodee went straight to my husbands arms (each family member was holding one puppy) and long after the rest were back together she continued quite content to stay in his arms.

You might want to think about the dog already in the house in terms of whether you should have a girl/boy mix. Post a bit more on your roommates dog - many experienced owners and breeders here might give you things to think about regarding mixing the two (sorry, I am not knowledgable there).

O believe me I am already counting down the days before I can get the puppy! Luckily I am out of the country right now at a wedding and wont be back for a month so at least that will keep me occupied for a little bit. The best part is the breeder lives a little less than an hours drive from me so I can at elast go visit the puppy and stuff before I pick it up.

As for the other dog in our house it is a maltese/poddle mix named Sugar about 1 year old. It was a rescue dog but honestly its great. We havent really had any problems with it at all. It was potty trained and sprayed and is just great. Like a CKCS she was very attention needy always wanting to sleep on our beds and jump on the lazy boy with us when we are relaxing.

The only thing I know is that it is deathly afraid of belts and the snapping noise that belts make. We are assuming that its previous owner or someone had abused the dog by hitting it with a belt. i mean we drop a belt on the ground and it will FREAK out and turn all submissive. But we pat it and like 2 seconds later its okay again.

Umm other than that its great. Its friendly with other puppies we had our friend bring over his bulldog and sugar just wanted to smell it and play with it but the bulldog just wandered around the house pooping on our floor!!! It literally pooped like 3 times within 10 minutes luckily it was hardwood floors so it was a easy but nasty cleanup.

But I am pretty confident that the two will get along and if possible we are aybe thinking of bringing sugar to see the puppy beforehand. I dunno if that is wise or not but it is a thought we had.

also a little off topic but how do you post photos Im pretty sure Im doing it right but its not working?!?!?!?!

Battie4 said:
also a little off topic but how do you post photos Im pretty sure Im doing it right but its not working?!?!?!?!
odd you are doing it right. I dont see a difference in your coding in the first post where your photo shows and the one with the 2 puppies. PM a moderator perhaps for help.

Oh congratulations!!!! they are gorgeous!!!! i dont know why the pics arent working? u seem 2 be doing everything right....but i looked at them through the website and both male and female are adorable!!

I can imagine how excited you must be!! did you orginally have a preference for either the male or female? or just whichever pup you clicked best with?

They are loverly now comes the hard bit choseing and the waiting it will seem long than 8/10 weeks ----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

I had originally wanted a blenheim female (doesnt everyone), but since the litter had 2 tri color ones I am extremely torn. I had initally leaned towards the male tri cause he has that much larger white blaze on his head, but now Im drawn towards the female tri haha. I know I wont be able to ever make up my mind!!! SO wel will see.

Im actually out of the country right now now for my cousins wedding so i havent seen the pups in person but believe me the thought of flying back for a day to see the puppies crossed my mind but I think everyone would think I was crazy if I flew around the world to see my pups and spent $2500 dollars in the process for a plane ticket..........so I hav to wait and see. I wont be back in the states till they are aobut 4-5 weeks old which is perfect cause thats right about when they are crawling and doing their thing

Congratulations!!!

Our first pup was a female Blenheim...and I was sure that I wanted another Blenheim when we decided to get her a sibling, but hubby thought the tri would be nice. We got a tri boy and to be honest, he is just sooooooooooo handsome, and I do think a prettier dog than our blenheim. (shhhhhhh don't tell Molly I said that!) Others have said the same thing (in a kind way).

I think what is most important is the Cav's wonderful loving personality...once you get to know and love your pup, color / look won't matter a bit.

How nice it is for your breeder to share this great photo with you!!!!

Back