• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nutro Natural Choice Chicken + Rice - good?

casshon

Does any one use this?

I am thinking of changing Molly + Bellas food and have been recommended to use this but wanted to hear your opinions first.

Bella has a very sensitive stomach. They are on Burns chicken + rice at the moment and both like it but Bellas poops are quite soft so I want to change and see if it makes a difference.

I know that JWB, RC etc do seem to be better but I have to also take her sensitive stomach into consideration. Any opinions appreciated :flwr:

Here are the ingredients (taken from the Nutro website, http://www.nutroproducts.com/ncdogcro.asp):

Chicken Meal, Rice Flour, Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Oatmeal, Soybean Oil, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Natural Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Dried Egg Product, Dried Kelp (source of Iodine), Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Biotin, Niacin, Garlic Flavor, Manganese Oxide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin A Supplement, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Chondroitin Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid.
Nutro supports the safe, ethical and humane treatment of all animals, including those used by our suppliers who provide our ingredients.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (minimum) 21.00%
Crude Fat (minimum) 12.00%
Crude Fiber (maximum) 5.00%
Moisture (maximum) 10.00%
Linoleic Acid (minimum) 3.50%
Zinc (minimum) 250 mg/kg
Vitamin E (minimum) 150 IU/kg
Ascorbic Acid (minimum)* 35 mg/kg
Glucosamine (minimum)* 450 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate (minimum)* 350 mg/kg

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.

jadan must have one of the most delicate stomaches on this site and he thrives on jwb lamb and rice or lamb and veg. i made the mistake of giving him the duck and rice and turkey which is supposed to be for sensitive stomaches but after speaking to the vet found that he is intolerant to ALL poultry. (i knew he was chicken but didnt put 2 and 2 together!!) :flwr:

I give my two James Wellbeloved turkey & rice and I also give them a little fish, peas,boiled organic mince (just a spoonful) just for variety.
I also give them raw carrot sticks as a treat and they love them now.
I'm going to try the Lamb & Rice also. Both girls have no problems poopwise -they go every morning before breakfast and their poops are hard enough to lift :grnyuk:

:flwr:

Back