• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maddy sends a letter

PamH

My mum and dad were supposed to be visiting us in Florida this month.They live in England.
Because of my dad's heart attack they are unable to come and my mum is very down about it. My dad too of course.
My dad has always loved the birthday cards I send him as I strive to find the funniest card I can.
So, I have been sending frequent funny get well cards.
This is what I did last week - I took a photo of Maddy sitting all four paws stretched out on the sun lounge, just basking in the sun.
I then sent it to my parents with a note. It said
"Hello. This is Maddy. As you can see, I am keeping your lounge chair warm for you! Next year we will have to fight for it! Love, Maddy"
(The British people on the board will appreciate this even more, because in european resorts there are never enough lounges at resorts and fights can often break out over them with people "reserving" them with towels etc)
My parents were laughing so hard at the picture!
Pam

:lol: That's funny! We could help you think of ideas for other funny Maddy cards to send; you post a photo and we'll try to come up with amusing quips! :)

:lol: Pam, I like it - didn't you spread a towel out over the lounger too? a union jack one would have been good ;)

Here are the lounge pics. I think it's a great idea to post some pics and ask for quotes. Pam

320246798_020ae0a190_m.jpg

320246804_c34e59dc64_m.jpg

Pam those pictures are beautiful. Maddy is incredible, she truly looks like she is posing for you. She looks like one of those swimsuit models posing at a resort. You've got a budding actress on your hands.

I think that's a great idea to cheer your parents.

I have a quote for the second pic and only Brits will get it....

As Maddy waits for you to bring her a towel, she says..... 'Ich cann sprechen in Deutch und der bett ist MEIN' :lol: :lol: :lol:

For all non Brits, it seems that when some (not all) British people go on hols in Europe (Spain in particular) they spend most of the night 'larging it' or drinking and being stupid and therefore rise quite late in the mornings.

Our German cousins are not renowned for being big drinkers and so go to bed at a decent hour. Therefore they also rise early and they then go out to the pool and lay out their towels on the loungers to reserve them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, the hungover Brits get a bit pissy about this and it's like WWIII around the pool :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: That's funny Donna! :lol:

:lol: OMG, Maddy is so tiny, she could easily share the lounger with an average sized person!! 8) :lol:

Cathy, it's the determined look in her eyes :lol: She's such a little cutie pie though :lotsaluv:

I love your new avatar btw, your babies are so yummy :lotsaluv:

Okay, I have a new photo to send to my dad. I was thinking of the motto saying
"I am ready for the english rain"
or
"I'm getting dressed to visit you in England".

What do you guys think?

411989789_cffb2e2945.jpg

OR, we used to have a little song on an ad for childrem

"wear a yellow raincoat when your out in the wet,
wear a yellow raincoat the best protection yet"

:lol: icon_whistling icon_whistling :lol:

She is quite the stunning puppy! I think she looks like she enjoys Florida more than England if you were to judge solely on her face in the pictures!

PamH said:
Okay, I have a new photo to send to my dad. I was thinking of the motto saying
"I am ready for the english rain"
or
"I'm getting dressed to visit you in England".

What do you guys think?

411989789_cffb2e2945.jpg
:lol: I like both!

Definitely "I'm getting dressed to visit you in England" after all the rain and flooding we've had here lately she'll need wellies as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perfect picture! Wasn't there a song "Can't Stop the Rain"? Maybe you could use some of the lyrics from that.

JaneB

Okay, I think I will use all the ideas!
I can put in the card

Choose a caption:

My dad will like that.
Pam

Back