• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

10 Poisons to Keep Away from Dogs

laurenlyn1 said:
i read that. i wonder why they didn't mention grapes and rasins
The list doesn't include everything that is toxic to dogs. Possibly this is a short list of recent poisoning cases seen by a vet? It's a good reminder to watch the medications, etc. and keep them out of reach to our dogs. though.

I noticed that no plants were mentioned either.

Raisons are a fairly recent discovery, so they are missing from many poison lists.

Lindsay, thanks for posting this list. Everyone is correct in that it isn't a complete list, but I've seen entire booklets devoted to that.

I think the most important thing on the list is the phone number for Animal Poison Control. That's something that we should all keep handy - and be sure to have your credit card in hand when you call them!

Lani, why would they send toxins in their newsletter??? JUST KIDDING!!! I though that was a great list, have saved it to my favorites and sent it to a couple of friends with dogs.

On a similar note, I was just reading in a bird newsletter that I get that hydrolized animal protein, a product found in a lot of lipstick, mascara, hair products, etc., is actually the poop of horses, cows, and pigs that has been boiled then the "scum" from the top used in these products. YUCK. Let's start checking labels!

Thanks for the link for that newsletter, Lani. I really do appreciate it and am going back to read more. :D

Back