• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Food change!!!

Kingofthehouse86

Hey all sorry we've been kinda scarce on the site lately...We've been very busy!!! But now everything is back to normal so King and I are back to chattin here...

Well back in Dec. King was doing some major scratching and I found that he was allergic to something in Innova Evo's formula. So I decided to try switching him to Solid Gold's Holistique formlua and so far he's doin great on it lost a couple more pounds on it too...I guess he loves it for the fishy taste...Well I must go watch a show I recorded last night..Will post after watching

Aaron - good to see you and King back...it's been a while. Glad you've found something that agrees with him!

I feed Innova Evo to Zoey and have had great results, but I did notice on the ingredients that it contains cottage cheese (dairy) and eggs so I can't feed it to my Stewie. He is allergic to wheat, corn, soy and dairy. Lots of dogs have sensitivity to these and could be the root for King. I was so upset because it is such good quality food and Stewie can't eat it!! :sl*p:

It could have been a chicken sensitivity as well for King. I am really glad that you figured out what was going on!! That can be so frustrating for both owner and dog!!!

aaron were your ears ringing?! I was just talking about you the other day wondering where the heck you've been!! I haven't been given any advice on what new treats or foods have come out for a while! I feel lost! :yikes icon_whistling :lol: It's nice to have you back - glad you found the root of King's problems. I am also going to have to switch from Evo as it's just not agreeing with my doglets. *yes, I said (S!) I added another addition while you were out! :D * The bigger one's stools are too hard and he's straining to pass them (with discomfort) and the smaller one was passing the ugliest gas I'd ever smelled.. :grnyuk:

How's King been!? :) Any new visitors lately?! :flwr:

Kingofthehouse86 said:
...Well back in Dec. King was doing some major scratching and I found that he was allergic to something in Innova Evo's formula. So I decided to try switching him to Solid Gold's Holistique formlua and so far he's doin great on it lost a couple more pounds on it too...I guess he loves it for the fishy taste.....

hey aaron, that's bad about the scratching. i hate when they scratch--i have two now, zack and my daughter's belle, she's been with me now for over a month and no end in sight. They both share the same bowl so she's eating reduced fat EVO even though she is a thin dog and iwould not mind seeing her gain a pound or two. But i would not mind seeing zack lose a couple. After i read about your experience with the reduced fat , i changed zack, i don't really know if he is too fat, i can't tell because it might just be his build, he doesn't feel fat, i can't really grab any fat on him, he feels lean, but his torso looks thick, very fluffy hair so i dont know, but he's definitely not thin. so on the reduced fat, i thought he looked like he was going in more at the waist, and then belle moved in, and they used up the food faster because there's two of them and i ran out of the reduced fat and was so busy due to life stuff that i didn't make it to the pet store and started giving them the regular EVO that i still have left over, and i think Zack looks thicker since then, i have the reduced fat again now so we'll see, i was pleased with it, i thought it made a difference. But belle is so thin, i wish i could give her the regular. But she will only eat when Zack is eating, from the same bowl. she wants whatever he has and vice versa.

How did you end up choosing that particular food? I see that it only has 18% crude protein, quite a difference from EVO whicih is over 40%.

good luck with it and please report back on it, sounds like it has great ingredients.

I'm glad to be back!!! Sara I miss so much, you getting a new pup congrats (a very late congrats! lol) Alrit guys there was a new pup wo spent a week with me...A lil havanese, she for some reason would not eat. She would run around and play but not eat. I was literally forcing a lil bit a canned food into her every couple of hours... Guys all I can say is she went from a skinny lil nuttin to a puggy playful pup... And I have some bad (not really bad) news after her being with me for a week, I got so attached to her. Named her Missy, she would not go anywhere without me... I told me boss I got to have her, but sadly my mom won't let me get her. I got to upload some pics of her playing at the house

Man I never thought I would get so attached to another pup like I did with King... I kno this is being selfish but I wanna have Missy. I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA (kicking and screaming on the floor) I really hope my mom will let me get her

Oh yes - please post some pictures of Missy. :snap: I would be just like you. Once Missy was in the house, she just has to stay. What does King think of Missy?

King loves Missy..she was a lil black and white blurr of fluff running through the house... She's still at the store and everyday I must (well 5-8X) pick her up and cuddle her...My boss knows I want her and she wants to stay with me but it's a matter of convincing my mom to let her stay...I'll keep you all posted about everything

Back