• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Clancy has C R A Z Y fur

BarbMazz

Clancy must be at his really awkward teenage phase. His fur is CRAZY b*n*n* :wggle: :yikes . I brushed and combed him today hoping it would tame down some, but NO.... here is what he is looking like today! I told him he looks like a "junk yard dog"!!

clancycrazyfur.jpg

He loves to sleep on the heat vent

clancyheater.jpg

... AND in my drapes by the sliding glass door!
CLANCYINDRAPE1.jpg

.... and then back to the heater

clancyonheater1.jpg

... and back to the drapes

clancyindrape2.jpg

My daughter posing with him when she was home earlier in the week

clancyandandy.jpg

Do any of your pups have such CRAZY fur coats?! I know Bentley had a much smoother coat all through his growing up!

Clancy is a doll baby! I want a Ruby sooo bad.

Chester always had crazy butt hair but my Furminator really tamed it and now he actually has a visible waist where before it was disguised by all his crazy waves and curls. He also has crazy waves at his neck but I don't mind that so much. He also had the awkward teenage phase where his adult coat was replacing his puppy coat and he shed ALOT, but it didn't last too long.

I don't mean to sound like a paid advertisement, but the Furminator pulled out a ton of dead/loose hair and I realized it was the dead stuff that was making him extra curly. If you don't have one, borrow one from a friend and give it a try.

The way he looks matches his personality totally! He is SO silly and random. He has totally captured my heart :lotsaluv: :l*v: :fool:

My husband, who didn't want a fourth dog icon_whistling , has totally fallen for him, too, and I am so glad for that!

cute pics, especially with your daugher.

That looks like Lucky after a bath ... I have nicknamed him "Fluffy"

Look in the Blenheim only Thread and you'll see my fluffy Gus!

Clancy is gorgeous!

Clancy is a doll baby! I want a Ruby sooo bad.

Hmmmmmm Monica I am sure Chester would love a little ruby playmate, I can't believe that Darby is almost a year old already.

Clancy is adorable, I love how he lays on the heating vents.
Darby does that too.

Crikey. That is crazy ok!!!!!! How old is Clancy? Just wondered cos Amber's coat is basically still a puppy coat with some feathering in the proper places. Not that I care if her coat remains thin- much easier to look after, especially when I already have one perambulating shaggy dog- but I was wondering at what age the longer coat came in on a ruby. Shaggy dog AKA Holly will be deshagged on Monday. Or rather, her ears will. :roll:

Lisa_T said:
Crikey. That is crazy ok!!!!!! How old is Clancy? Just wondered cos Amber's coat is basically still a puppy coat with some feathering in the proper places. Not that I care if her coat remains thin- much easier to look after, especially when I already have one perambulating shaggy dog- but I was wondering at what age the longer coat came in on a ruby. Shaggy dog AKA Holly will be deshagged on Monday. Or rather, her ears will. :roll:

Clancy will be 7 months old on March 10th. I'd say his coat has gotten crazy in the last 3wks or so. He has a little frizzy, lighter puppy coat on the edges of places, but that is quickly being replaced with his beautiful red curliness! I just LOVE it!

Denise G. said:
He's adorable--and his coat looks gorgeous and healthy to me! :)

Thank you! It really does look and feel nice and healthy.. it has such a nice shine that pictures really don't do justice to, and it's SO soft!

Hi

Clancy looks adorable, its good to be a bit different, my Harvey also 7 months in March and has a ringlet on the end of his tail, we love that too.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

If my Ellie turns out like that I will be very happy.......he is just wonderful.
Rubies have such shiny coats I wish my hair was that colour :)

Crumpets. If he's seven months he must be practically Amber's age- b. 20/7/06. Her coat is still very fine.

Back