mishmosh
4th March 2007, 07:24 PM
Percy
Alfie
Harry :p

Harvey's Mum
4th March 2007, 07:33 PM
Hi

My Family could not agree on a name for our blenhiem boy (Harvey), so i went on the internet and searched for dog names and sat and went through them until we could all agree on a name. Some names we did like were Bailey, Dylan, Digby, Jazz, Jasper and many others. Good Luck finding a name, look forward to hearing what he is to be called and pictures, lots of pictures please.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Harry & Heidi's mom
4th March 2007, 07:40 PM
Harry :p

can't call him Harry, my tri is called Harry :sl*p:

Laura&Lia
4th March 2007, 08:20 PM
The ones I like the most are: Terry, Loui and Fido

Crittercall
4th March 2007, 08:47 PM
I'm a weirdo. I let 'em hang out for a while and their name kinda comes to me. I'll find myself just starting to call them something - even when I think I've named them something else. This has happened to me with dogs, cats, and birds.

Start with a "Hey Joe" then wait 'til he lets you know his name!! :D

matties mum
4th March 2007, 09:14 PM
you say Black /Tan when we fetch my b/t puppy home on the drive home the name that came to mind was Rocky because he look like a little Rotteweller?---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Justine
4th March 2007, 09:38 PM
i like harley and minty.

tomaarash
4th March 2007, 10:24 PM
I think Chicco is a lovely name ,my male cav is called Kaiser which i really like aswell,

KimNIndy
4th March 2007, 11:09 PM
hmmm.....marley springs to mind for some reason. i've read that names ending in 'y' are easy for dogs to hear. we had a rocky when i was a child (probably a popular name in the 80s) but maybe that's a bit tough for a cavalier. i saw a rescue dog once called nicholas. it's really silly but for some reason i really loved the name 'nicholas'---such a people name--- for a dog.

I'm a weirdo. I let 'em hang out for a while and their name kinda comes to me. I'll find myself just starting to call them something - even when I think I've named them something else. This has happened to me with dogs, cats, and birds.

i did that with my cat when i was 18...the right name never came to me and eventually my mom got fed up and started calling him Puddin. he's been puddin ever since :lol:

Remali
4th March 2007, 11:26 PM
I did a search for dog names on the internet, and that was how I came up with Bentley's name. There are a ton of names out there, almost too many, LOL! I always thought that Barkley and Chudley (or Chudleigh) were cute names!!

:)

Lynn
4th March 2007, 11:36 PM
I did the same....look on the internet for Max's name...went down the list until we found a name that we all liked and that we felt went good with Molly's name. For me, I needed a name is easily said and remembered because sometimes my quick memory is not too good....

Claire L
4th March 2007, 11:46 PM
How about Deefer as in ; D for dog!! :D
Only kiddin'- I like Hooter, Scooter, Baxter, Bert, Miller, or maybe BT.

:flwr:

Cathy Moon
5th March 2007, 12:22 AM
Dallas
Tristan
Jackson
Cody
Travis
Tres
Bo

Maxwell&me
5th March 2007, 12:43 AM
Guiness is my favorite for a black and tan boy~

BUT HEY: Is there a story to tell? :D :) :shock: ;) icon_whistling

Cathy Moon
5th March 2007, 12:46 AM
Oooo, I like Guiness the best for a B&T boy!!!

Nancy
5th March 2007, 12:55 AM
How about Chauncey, Cedrick, or Barney?

Kimmisue
5th March 2007, 01:10 AM
Frasier
Monty
Sir Dudley
Aurther

I had a awful time naming Reggie until my friends took me to a concert on my birthday Elton John..Sir Reginald it was... ;)

sramirez
5th March 2007, 01:14 AM
I've taken a fancy to the name Hamilton - "Hammie" for short. There is a cute cartoon here in the U.S. that has a little brother named Hammie and it's so cute!! (I use to have a Lhasa named Chauncey, so I love that name too).

Sheri

Crittercall
5th March 2007, 01:16 AM
I think "Deefer" is funny. I've met a few Deogee's in my time (D-O-G) and my sister once had a Doggee (doggie).

Tibby's name came from her little vaccination folder. On the line for her name it had "TBA" which turned into Tibby.

Such decisions - how did we ever name our two-legged kids?

Kimmisue
5th March 2007, 01:17 AM
Hammie - from Over the Hedge....

That would be cute. :D

molly
5th March 2007, 01:19 AM
Here's a cute website that helps in naming your dog. You can do searches several categories and stuff. Somehow, once the dog is home, it will help you know its name.

http://www.bowwow.com.au/index.asp

Cathy Moon
5th March 2007, 02:12 AM
Molly, I love the website for names!!!

Luke
Jaffa
Zen
Levi
Ben

Now this is making me want another male dog! :lol:

Crittercall
5th March 2007, 02:56 AM
My only personal issue with some of these name (i.e. Spaz, Vader, Bear, etc.) is that it has been my experience that dogs and cats tend to act like their names. Such as, a cute teddy bear puppy that is named Bear grows up to be rather aggressive and Bear-like.

Just something I've seen more than once in the name game, so I prefer more "gentle" names!

I have met a dog named Dog S**t - I think it didn't really have a name and that was given to me as I registered the client for shock value. I continued to ask questions about Dog S**t without blinking an eye. A cat named Dead Meat that a previous receptionist thought was horrible so he was called Meat. Pronoun was an interesting, as the owner wasn't sure if it was male or female (cat) when he got it. Grew up to be one of those males with a huge face because he never had him castrated.

For the most part I lean toward human names.

StacyC
5th March 2007, 03:18 AM
I like Guiness too!!! What about Henry...

Linda
5th March 2007, 03:37 AM
Molly, I love the website for names!!!

Luke
Jaffa
Zen
Levi
Ben

Now this is making me want another male dog! :lol:

Hmmmmmm Cathy, I can just picture a gorgeous wee Ruby Puppy sitting right in the front of your avatar. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I can send Darby down to give you a trial run. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I like Guiness too. :D :D :D Seems to be a well suited for a new B/T Puppy.
I mean for the B/T Puppy. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sharon 7
5th March 2007, 04:19 AM
My next Cav I hope to get a black and tan also...
I have been thinking names as well, I like Winston for a male it seems formal to me, which is how they look.
If you like it, you can have it as well :flwr:

sramirez
5th March 2007, 07:30 PM
Isn't there someone on this site with a ruby named Vodka? I always wondered where that name originated from??? Kinda like Guiness....

Sheri

Denise G.
5th March 2007, 10:22 PM
Black and Tans make me think of more exotic names like...

Milo
Java
Guiness (love that one, too)
Chaucer
Chauncey
Nikko
Mocha Mo (silly, I know)
Kahlua

Gingers Mommy
5th March 2007, 10:57 PM
I like Hogan and Peanut
edited to add: I also like Snicker for a boy!

Maxwell&me
5th March 2007, 11:04 PM
I like Hogan Too...( But my Ruby boy IS NAMED Hogan, so I guess Im partial. icon_whistling )

If I ever get a Black & Tan Boy, His name will be Guiness.....and for a girl, it will either be Lola...( If I had had a third human girl that would have been her name) or a flower name, like rose, peony or violet...Gosh. I LOVE flower names for girls.... :flwr: [/code]

Crittercall
6th March 2007, 01:56 AM
I've always wanted to name a female Sadie or Suki but always get voted down. If I had been able to have things my way Erin would have probably been named Sarah and I would have called her Sadie.

Instead you can guess the year she was born when you know her middle name is "Amanda". :D

PamH
6th March 2007, 03:17 AM
I like guiness.
I also like Winston (had a little yorkie named Winston for 14 years)

Other names:
Michael
Patrick
George
Damien

yvonne
6th March 2007, 03:23 PM
I love the name BUDDY.
Y

mishmosh
6th March 2007, 04:29 PM
Guiness? Seriously?!

She can't call that down the park!! Makes her sound like she has an alcohol problem!! :p

PamH
6th March 2007, 06:46 PM
Guiness? Seriously?!

She can't call that down the park!! Makes her sound like she has an alcohol problem!! :p

You know, you are quite right. I'll never forget the time I dropped my yorkie Winston off at the kennel and the kid behind the counter said "Oh, did you name him after the cigarettes?"
I about fell thru the floor. In America there are Winston cigarettes, but it would never have occurred to me.
Pam

Maxwell&me
6th March 2007, 07:39 PM
Guiness? Seriously?!

She can't call that down the park!! Makes her sound like she has an alcohol problem!!

Really? icon_whistling Either that or someone might hand her one! :lol:

I think its cute, but then again....I may have a bit of a problem.....*kidding*
:D

Heather Kay
6th March 2007, 08:24 PM
I like Mocha for a black/tan -- I think it could work for a boy or girl :p

Becs
6th March 2007, 09:31 PM
My Granny named her dog Madra (Irish for dog!). :D

I like the name Rodney too! Let us know the name you eventually choose.

Crittercall
6th March 2007, 10:11 PM
I remember when I was a kid Mom and Dad talking about having a black cocker (?) that they named Midnight. Really original, huh.

I knew a cat named Winston (after Churchill) - but it was ultimately shortened to Winnie.

Harry & Heidi's mom
6th March 2007, 10:34 PM
he's currently called maxwell, but not sure if i like it

Maxxs_Mummy
6th March 2007, 10:43 PM
You could shorten it to Max. My Maxx was originally called Albert but my lot didn't like it :roll: I think it's a sweet name though.

I also like Guiness,
Chockie,
Cola,
Ollie or Oliver,
Freddie,
Barney
Taffy

So when did all this happen then Heather? I knew you'd get one sooner or later and as it's a B&T I am completely jealous ;) :lol:

Harry & Heidi's mom
6th March 2007, 10:58 PM
hi donna,

been looking for a slightly older pup, maxwell is 7 months old.
not 100% sure what is happening yet but we are hoping! i'd really love another cavalier, as you know i've been looking for a while now, will keep you updated tho

Maxxs_Mummy
7th March 2007, 12:05 AM
Oooh I hope it all works out for you :flwr: I babysat my friend's 7mth old Tri on Sunday and it was wonderful to have a puppy in the house again. We played almost all day & Maxx took on a new lease of life :lol:

Keep me updated and I want pics if you get him OK!!!!