• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Baking doggie biscuits Updated with recipe and pics!!!

Agood friend and I got together on Christmas Eve and made cookies for the dogs.
They loved them.

Hope you have good luck also.

Ill share the recipe no problem but Ill tell you know the biscuits arent that pretty looking I dont know if it was the recipe or me but I have never made anything that felt so doughy It stuck together so much and it was hard to separate that they ended up becoming these huge balls. Any suggestion for next time girls? Im not a master baker by any means so this might very well be me :p On the other hand if Ellie likes them and eats them then I doubt she will care what they look like heehee :lol: Thats the difference between dogs and kids I guess If I baked cookies for my kids (when I have them) and they looked this sloppy I would feel so embarrassed but with Ellie Im fine! :D

Well here they are in all their glory or not...I stand by my original comment that the dough was harder to manipulate then any other dough I have ever baked before. And yes they are cooling off in my spare bathroom. Everytime I tried to open the sliding door to the balcony to place them outside one of my 4 fur kids would try to make a break for it and with me trying to hold them off with a hot tray in my hands I decided the spare bathroom was better.

ElliesDay023-1.jpg

ElliesDay024.jpg

I made bigger ones for Ellie's cousin (Paul's parents dog) Emma who is a Lab

ElliesDay025-1.jpg

And despite how awful they look this was the end result

ElliesDay027-1.jpg

ElliesDay026-1.jpg

ElliesDay028-1.jpg

I want more hmph

ElliesDay001-3.jpg

Here is the recipe for those of you who are interested

Bacon Flavored Dog Biscuit Treats
Homemade dog treats are fun to make and healthier than many of the store-bought versions.

I N G R E D I E N T S
Yield: 40 dog biscuits

5 cups Whole wheat flour
1 cup Milk
2 Eggs
10 tablespoon Vegetable oil or bacon fat
1 pinch Onion or garlic powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Cold water
1 tablespoon Vegetable oil to grease pan

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease cookie sheets.

Mix all ingredients well. Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll them into two-inch balls. Bake biscuits at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Let them cool, then store in an airtight container.
Originally from the Humane Society of Santa Clare Co., Santa Clara, CA.

They do look good. And she obviously loves them! :) Thanks for the pics and recipe. :flwr:

PS - using a little garlic powder is safer than onion (toxic to dogs) powder.

Back