• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

James Wellbeloved

murphy's mum

I've recently started feeding Murphy James Wellbeloved. He's 9.1kg at the moment, and is getting about 70g per meal(he gets 2 a day). This is what they recommend for an 8kg dog but it seems a little too much to me :?

If any of you feed JWB could you give me a rough idea if this is correct or not, as I was thinking about feeding him a little less :D

I feed Harvey on James Wellbeloved. I also think the amount on the packet seems high. I cut it down and he still seems fine. I think these weights they suggest are the maximum.

we used to feed our labs on the same food,he did really well.i cant remember the exact amount.

Dylan is 6 months old. I'm not sure of his weight. I give him 50g twice a day which is much less than James Wellbeloved suggests. :flwr:

On vet recommendation, I've always fed less than the manufacturers suggest on the packaging.

Years ago, when my brother-in-law got his guide dog, I commented that the stack of tinned food, delivered by the RNIB, wouldn't last long for a labrador, but Michael said it would last much longer than the amounts recommended on the tins suggested, because he was told that Misty was to be fed quite a bit less or she'd get fat.

I feed Bertie James Wellbeloved and he gets just about 100g a day, split up into two meals, small amount in the morning and a little more in the evening. Seems to be ok for him, he's gaining the normal amount of weight, isn't lethargic or anything, his ribs don't show, can feel them but not see them.

Alison

Back