• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

TEETHING

coconut

freddie is teething really bad at the mo, is there anything i can give him to help him with the pain he is in!!

He has sores on some of the teeth that are coming up!!

Poor baby! Try wetting a face cloth, wring it out and try to knot it, then put it in the freezer. Let him chew on it when its frozen.

I have a canvas bone that has a bit of vanilla flavour - called Bone Chill and I got it at petsmart. Kodee loves it 2x a day. She is a baby though - she makes me hold it for her and will go at it as long as I am willing to freeze my fingers! OK she is 13 wks so dont be too hard on her everyone.....she is a princess baby!

In another post (I think it was favourite toys) cavgirl mentioned her dog liked the petstage toy you also put in the freezer.

Any frozen thing will work to sooth and freeze the soreness.

You can get some plush toys that are specifically designed for wetting, ringing out & then putting in the freezer. You can also get children's teething rings that are refrigerated. Just be sure the supervise with the latter though as I am not sure how doggy proof they are.

Cathy Moon said:
Try wetting a face cloth, wring it out and try to knot it, then put it in the freezer. Let him chew on it when its frozen.

What a great idea! Thanks for that. I'll be doing that one soon for Beau.

thanks for all the advise he was chewing greenies and they really helped but i have run out and now have to try and get some.

I don't know if you put pumpkin in his food, but Zoey is teething as well so I began putting the pumpkin in ice cube trays and putting that in her food instead of just a spoonful on top. She adores it and it helps with her poor little teeth.

If you don't use pumpkin then chicken broth will do as well. It's like doggie popsickles. :D

Here is a great recipe for dog ice cream, which my guys get as a really special treat that also is good for teething puppies ;)

Frosty Paws Ice Cream (for dogs) recipe
32 ounces vanilla yogurt
1 mashed banana or one large jar of baby fruit
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey

Put it in an ice cube tray or little dixie cups.

Cathy's idea worked the best when King was a pup... Some1 (not here) once told me to soak the cloth in either apple juice or chicken broth to give some extra flavor

Back