PDA

View Full Version : Puffy Eyelid --- Not Sure What's Wrong

Ginger's Mom
6th March 2007, 03:32 AM
When Ginger opens her eyes, her left eye doesn't open as wide as the right one. It looks like her eye is irritated. Her eye is pretty red.. It's been like that past hour or so.. We thought that something got in her eye, but I looked and nothing was there...

Any clue on what could be causing this irritation? Thanks!

Ginger's Mom
6th March 2007, 04:50 AM
The puffyness is getting worse.. I should be taking her to an urgent care..

Crittercall
6th March 2007, 05:38 AM
Thank you for taking her. My response would be that in most cases they only have two eyes so you need to take care of them (Wallis only has one good eye.)

Probably something as simple as a little conjuctivitis, but you want to know for sure.

I care! Let me know. 8)

inca
6th March 2007, 09:22 AM
i would pop her along to the vets ..you never know with eyes it needs checking out

let us know what the vet says :)

moniechris
6th March 2007, 04:43 PM
Ugh, After I read that I began reliving the nightmare about Cody's swollen face :sl*p: Here is the link to THAT fiasco:
http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7089&highlight=cody+emergency

If the swelling showed up all of a sudden and increasing, then a trip to the vet is neccissary. It is possible that she may have been stung by a bee or other insect while outside and is having a reaction.

WoodHaven
6th March 2007, 05:56 PM
If my dogs seem to be favoring one eye-- I grab the bottle of "tears" as soon as I notice and flush the eye. This may not solve the problem, but it can't hurt. sandy

Maxxs_Mummy
6th March 2007, 11:10 PM
How is she doing Veronica? Is her eye OK? What did the vet say?

Crittercall
7th March 2007, 12:48 AM
I'd like to know too!!

Cathy T
7th March 2007, 02:46 AM
Curious to know how she's doing.

Ginger's Mom
7th March 2007, 06:50 PM
Hello, thanks all! She's doing OK -- I almost took her to the animal urgent care (it was late at night) but then her eye seemed to get better by the minute. The puffyness was completely gone by the next morning, thank goodness. I used some human eye solution to her eye and I think it helped out a bit. Now that I'm thinking my eye was a bit puffy as well so I think we had some dust in the house.

moniechris
7th March 2007, 06:55 PM
Glad she is ok!!! :D

Crittercall
7th March 2007, 07:16 PM
I'm glad she's okay. You might consider calling your regular vet and telling them about it so that they can make a note on her chart. That way if it should happen again they will know when it was, etc.

I was concerned about both of you, now I can find something else to worry about!

Ginger's Mom
7th March 2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks to you both, for worrying about us. This forum is so wonderful and the support everyone gives is just incredible. :flwr: