• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

renu question ?

inca

i have purchsed a bottle

how often do you use it and do you apply on just a cotton pad ?
or damp cotton wool ?

I wonder what kind of bottle till I look it up icon_whistling
:lol: I cannot advice how to use
Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

I used a cotton pad when cleaning Mia's eyes. Now I use apple cider vinegar, though. Didn't have much luck with Renu, but then I didn't use it very long, so it could have been me.

I read this post and then went to look at our newspaper and there was a headline ReNu recalled! I panicked - but once read its not a health concern, or so it says. They recalled a million bottles as iron was found in the solution which discoloured it and makes it less effective. They say the public is not at risk of health concerns and none have been reported - but thought I'd mention it anyways.

While on eye discharge - besides Renu, is there anything that you can use that wont sting the eyes? I have diamond and have attempted to use a qtip, but kodees face is so small and she is that 13wk cant keep my head still no matter what age - its like trying to dap a pin prick on a moving train. I fear I will stab her by mistake trying to avoid getting too close to her eyes.

inca said:
i have purchsed a bottle

how often do you use it and do you apply on just a cotton pad ?
or damp cotton wool ?
We have artificial cotton balls called 'Cosmetic puffs' in the US, or you can use gauze pads.

The reason why cotton is not recommended - tiny cotton fibers can get in their eyes and irritate them.

I wear contacts so i always have contact cleaning solution around. Currently I am using Opti-Free Express, and i squirt a bit onto a small sqare of paper towel and wipe around Riley's eyes with it just before feeding time in the morning and sometimes I'll do it again later in the day if I notice muck under his eyes. So basically once a day works for me.
I have been doing this since Riley was 11 weeks old, and we have never had a problem with staining or really wet eyes. Contact solution works great!

Kodee said:
While on eye discharge - besides Renu, is there anything that you can use that wont sting the eyes? I have diamond and have attempted to use a qtip, but kodees face is so small and she is that 13wk cant keep my head still no matter what age - its like trying to dap a pin prick on a moving train. I fear I will stab her by mistake trying to avoid getting too close to her eyes.

I am currently using Eye Envy on Spencer and it is helping quite a bit. Tilly has the same problem, however, in a pup that young, it is usually attributed to teething, which might by why Kodee's eyes have the staining and discharge. I am just wiping Tilly's eyes with a warm wet washcloth for now. I don't see the need to use expensive products on her until she has her big girl teeth. Hope this helped :flwr:

thanks cathy did it yesterday and again today ( looks no different to me )

but will keep with it :)

Denise G. said:
I used a cotton pad when cleaning Mia's eyes. Now I use apple cider vinegar, though. Didn't have much luck with Renu, but then I didn't use it very long, so it could have been me.

do you mean in the drinking water ?? has it helped

Back