• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Literary cavaliers...

Lisa_T

Amber is nearly 8 months old. She has developed a sudden passion for shredding books. Not magazines, books. She's never shown any interest in them before! Holly, on the other hand, was a dedicated book chewer from an early age until she was a year or so.

Anyone else found this?

And my dad was sputtering over the weekend when he came in to the kitchen and found Miss Caffeine Addict Amber slurping his coffee. I don't think he believed me when I warned them to keep coffee out of her reach! :lol: :lol:

Just discovered two chewed books as we speak, never had this with Harvey he prefered cushions!!!

I have had a couple of books chewed. If I hadn't started reading them yet, the first chapter was destroyed. If I had started reading them, the last chapter was torn out. :roll: How do they know??? :sl*p:

Boy, Lisa, can I sympathize. Our Casey (Jaws) LOVES books.

2006_0115casey0001.jpg

This is not a picture of him reading in bed. He had grabbed my book from the nightstand and was busily chewing pages! He pulled a whole bunch of books off a bookshelf one day and went to town on them! Loves to rip the paper.

:yikes I'm lucky my two only like tissues and kitchen paper! I couldn't cope with my beloved books being decimated :yikes

I did once come downstairs to find that whilst I had nipped to the bathroom to clean my teeth, Maxx had shredded hubby's new magazine into several thousand pieces and was busy throwing it everywhere :lol: Since then, nothing!

If Ruby and Sydney are reading this then don't you dare tell my boys or they'll start ripping stuff up!

LOL @ Molly, I'm sorry to laugh. I do not want to tempt fate, but here I go. The only book Tucker got at was a splurge for me. A large hard-cover "The Merlin Trilogy" by Mary Stewart. It contained 3 of my all-time favorite books. Books I had in soft cover and splurged and bought the hard-bound 3 book set. One day after it arrived in the mail, I discovered Tucker happily chomping. He'd only destroyed a corner. Needless to say it will not make the same statement in my book-case I'd been hoping for!

Yes, Holly chomped away at the corner of one of my supervisor's books. Thankfully there were no identifying stickers or inscriptions, and the dustjacket was unharmed. I bought an identical version of the same book online, and switched the DJs. Handed it back to my supervisor and as far as I know she's never registered the difference.

Meanwhile the chomped one is still occasionally used as a reference.

(Psst, is it just me or has Karlin added a word style spell checker? I'm getting the wiggly red line when I spell something wrong/funny. Like "Karlin", as it happens... :lol: )

Wow that would be wonderful. Lately I feel as if I've forgotten how to spell the simplest words, darn menopause aka mentalpause!

Colin loves hardcover books. Our last one to have its cover eaten off was the last Harry Potter! I'm hoping Teddy doesn't follow suit....

Joanne M said:
Wow that would be wonderful. Lately I feel as if I've forgotten how to spell the simplest words, darn menopause aka mentalpause!

LOL. I don't have the menopause issue, but I do find that my brain sometimes goes faster than my fingers which can lead to missed words etc. I'm a touch typist more or less so i'm not aware what i'm typing when I'm typing, if that makes sense. The wiggly line jobby may actually be a new firefox feature. I'm running the latest version, just installed yesterday and I don't remember seeing said wiggly lines before then...

Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Back