• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Riding in Cars with Finley

Shelly91180

So, Finley will be 5 months old next week. He's doing really well with everything except riding in the car. :drivecar:

Everytime he gets in the car he cries at the lights and/or reflections and sometimes even tries to "bite" them. Any ideas of what to do to get him to ride nicely?

Thanks for any advice!!

You could put him in a crate with his favourite toy and put a blanket over the crate so he can't see the lights. That's all I can think of. Is he strapped in? Just wondering how he can get at the lights?

He's strapped he just sees the reflections go over the ceiling of the car and snaps at them, he doesn't actually get all that close and if he did he get a face full of car roof. I just feel bad for the poor guy trying to catch something that isn't really there.

Have you ever seen in the pet store the lazer light you buy so you can make your puppies chase it? Pretty much your boy has the hang of that game! As long as he is secure and amused rather than upset by them he should get bored of it soon. If he is truely bothered by them, I agree with Pauline try a crate/blanket most just fall asleep after a bit.

If he doesn't seem to enjoy riding in the car, could you possibly have someone else drive the car, then you could get in the back seat with him and feed him treats. This will help him to associate riding in the car as being a pleasurable experience. :)

Back