• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scared me!

Cathy T

My guys love the chicken jerky treats from Costco and we've never had a problem until lately. A couple of weeks ago Jake was eating one and started to choke. He was able to cough it up. Not so today! He started snorting and stretching his head out and couldn't cough it up. Hubby grabbed him and forced his mouth open and I could see it. I grabbed it and pulled about a 2 1/2 inch soggy piece of out his mouth. Needless to say...we won't be giving those anymore. Scared me to death!!! The pieces are usually fairly crunchy and they bite them into pieces, this latest batch had a different consistency. Not worth the risk...they went in the trash. We were lucky this time...and there won't be a next time.

glad hes ok.i would be no good as i have a phobia when animals or people choke.but if there is lots of blood and guts I AM YOUR MAN.

Thanks for the warning, Cathy. That must have been terrifying, and thank God you were both there to get it out of his throat!

That same thing happend to bobo when he was eating a pig ear strip I could get it out but my heart was pounding so fast. :(
judy

I'm so glad Jake is o.k.--that's SO scary! Any kind of chewies make me a little nervous...but mine would go on strike if I cut them out completely.

Oh my, that would have made my heart go pitter-patter too. Good on you for the quick thinking & quick acting.

Back