PDA

View Full Version : Update: Kansas rescue...now home!

Friday's Mommy
11th March 2007, 01:18 AM
Here's my new baby from the Kansas rescue home. Quite a week. We drove 8 hours each way to go get her which was exhausting for us and both doggies, but well worth it.

When we got her home the next day she started having diarrhea and by the day after that bloody diarrhea. :yikes I immediately took her to my vet who gave an IV and medication. We took her off the anti-inflamatory medication for her bad patella's which was probably aggrevating the intestinal problems. The vet said she had stress diarrhea. Poor little sweetie was just overwhelmed.

She's cleared up now and is adapting so well to her new family and Friday too. They get along so well which makes us all so happy. :D Friday had a sort of funny look on her face :? the first day but now she looks happy. I think she likes having a friend around. She was raised with another dog and likes the companionship. They're so cute when they run around the yard together.

I think we're going to change her name to Wednesday (or Winnie for short). Now we have a Friday and Wednesday...maybe someday we'll have a whole week! She was very timid and shy at first but she's already starting to come out of her shell. At first she seemed to look at Friday for what to do but now I see her becoming more confident and independent. She has a long way to go but she's on her way. She is the sweetest most loving little dog ever!! We've all just fallen in love with her.

The vet think her patella problem may not be as severe as first thought but we'll get her up to Denver in April for an evaluation for surgery.

Here's a pic of Wednesday and Friday after the trip. They are both tired little girls! The new baby is the little Tri color.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/416932923_5103ad4c2e.jpg

Friday is fast asleep and using Wednesday for her pillow.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/416883356_920e413c76.jpg

Thanks for all the support here!! I'll post more pictures soon.

Charleen
11th March 2007, 01:25 AM
Terri - what a wonderful story. I can't believe how fast Friday accepted Wednesday. How great that they sleep together already.

Cathy T
11th March 2007, 01:54 AM
How wonderful that she's home and in good hands!! Welcome home Wednesday!! You sure are one loved little girl!

Zippy
11th March 2007, 03:47 AM
She's a lovely tri and it's lovely to see her settling in so quickly.

Hopefully, her tummy upset will settle down soon! :flwr: :flwr:

merlinsmum
11th March 2007, 12:40 PM
Thats a lovely story and they get on so well in such a short time.

Does hubby know you want one for everyday of the week? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ceedah
11th March 2007, 04:50 PM
Aw, how sweet!

I have to admit, seeing that picture and other pictures of people's multiple Cavaliers makes me want more... they seem to love cuddling with one another. :) My family only has one, and my parents feel that's enough. We do have two cats, so Vanity has some company, but sometimes I wonder if she would like a dog friend. Maybe I'll convince my parents to get a puppy to keep Vanity young as she gets older.

I really like the names Wednesday and Friday...very cute!

Karlin
11th March 2007, 05:26 PM
She is adorable. How wonderful that she has fit in so quickly too! :)

murphy's mum
11th March 2007, 06:10 PM
She is lovely :)

She looks like she's settled in well

enchantingdragon
11th March 2007, 11:21 PM
Thats so cute! I love their names!!! Soon youll have the whole week!

Maxxs_Mummy
12th March 2007, 12:59 PM
Lovely pics and I love the name too :lol: Only five more to go ;) Then you can start on the months as well :lol:

Alison_Leighfield
12th March 2007, 03:54 PM
Terri, :flwr:

you did it then, you went and got her a lttle sister! b*n*n*

I had my fingers crossed that you would, "CONGRATULATIONS"! :rah:

Lovely name ;)

Alison.

Cathy Moon
12th March 2007, 04:30 PM
Congratulations on your new addition! She is beautiful! :lotsaluv:

JaneB
12th March 2007, 04:49 PM
Terri,
I'm so happy you were able to get things worked out. I know you were concerned about a multitude of things and isn't it wonderful that everything seems to be okay. It's people like you that makes the world a little better place. Kudo's to you and your family.
JaneB

Claire L
12th March 2007, 11:54 PM
Congratulations on the new family member. Winnie is such a lovely name and they both look great together - well done you!!

:flwr: :hug:

Lynn
13th March 2007, 12:03 PM
:mexwav: Congratulations!!!! :mexwav:

lindsey
24th March 2007, 03:59 AM
:jmp2: :jmp2: Love the name!

molly
24th March 2007, 02:45 PM
It's wonderful that Wednesday/Winnie has joined your family. She is just adorable. And I love her name!