• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does anyone use Natural Balance dog food?

Battie4

I was just wondering if anyone uses the Natural Balance dog food? If you do se it what kind do you use and do you use the roll as well?

Most of what I read online of the Natural Balance seems to say it is good. The only drawback I have seen posted is that for the potato/duck kind the dogs gain weight VERY quickly cause the main ingredient is potato. But if you do use this brand of dog food please let me know what you think of it, cause the breeder I am getting my puppy from is most likely going to start feeding the puppies this type of food so i just want to know what anyone thinks about it. Thanks!

Also does anyone use the roll of Natural Balance?

I haven't had too much experience with the food. But most people who feed it to their dogs say the dogs love it...I have used the food roll a while back...King really seemed to love it, but he got smart and found a way to eat all the roll out and leave the kibble behind so I stopped for a while... but the kibble is a good food!!

Also I've never heard of dogs gaining weight on the Duck formula, mayb you should use the Ultra its Chicken/Duck that might be better if you want to stick with Natural Balance

I've used the potato/duck version and it's really the only kibble that Mia likes--though now I just feed her Natures Variety raw venison. It turns out that kibble is a little rough on her "delicate constitution". :roll: As she gets a bit older, I'll probably try to work it back into her diet...

I've used the roll as training treats for agility and teaching my dogs to heel. I cut off a slice, then cut it into tiny cubes.

I use Natural Balance for Cupcake (sweet potato/fish in the morning, venison/brown rice in the evening) and she absolutely loves it. I haven't noticed any weight gain issues.

I do not use the roll since she hates wet dog food for some reason. So picky!! :)

My crew eats Natural Balance Ultra, they all love it. I use the roll sometimes, Lamb mostly.

i tried the lamb and rice kibble with zack and the duck and potato. He had no interest in the duck and potato. He ate the lamb and rice sometimes, he wasn't thrilled with it.

As for the roll, he adored it. I had an unopened one up on a shelf and he climbed up on a table during the night when we were sleeping--he has never done anything like that before or since--and he got the roll off the shelf, and ate it all, including most of the plastic. :yikes The next day, i found evidence of the crime. And by later in the day he, and his partner in crime, belle, did not feel well. somehow they recovered, a miracle. It was pretty scary at the time. He just loves that stuff, it's a great training treat.

alright thanks for your opinons! It sounds like its a great brand of dog food. I'll probably end up trying the roll too hopefully one of my roomates doesnt think its like a salami roll or something and eat it!

sorry forgot to ask this question before but for the roll do you have to refrigerate it? Cause its suppose to be like canned food just less water right?

we use the roll for treats, but I am trying to find a food that my girls will eat. doesnt the roll have too much protein for puppies - I was thinking it was an adult only content...
they really love the roll food alot, and I cant find any kibble that they will eat a whole amount of.

how much do you feed your dogs and how old are they? The website says to give puppies 1-2 cups/day and mine cant eat that much. Do your dogs really eat what is recommended on the label?

Chester LOVES Natural Balance AND it's one of Whole Dog Journal's top dry dog foods! He eats the Ultra-Premium variety and he gobbles it down like a champ. Here's what the bag looks like:

NB_DogUltbagsth.jpg

Good stuff!

We use the dry kibble and the roll chicken and rice flavor varieties. Haven't seen any weight gains with it. Our dogs really like it.

I have just switched my 2 over to Nutro choice sensitive stomach. They were on Burns (which they loved) but Bella had very loose poops. They have just been completely weaned onto Nutro for 2 days and already this has cleared up so I'm happy about that.

I may try changing them to Nutro Ultra as this appears to be better than the choice but I'm happy that I have found something that agrees with Bellas stomach. They don't seem to like it as much as the Burns (especially Molly) but they do eat it.

Back