• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Okay All You Sex And The City Fans!!

Bronte

Here is a post dedicated to our favourite "Famous" Cavalier Princess Dandyridge Brandywine..AKA Elizabeth Taylor!!

I think we should do a look-a-like contest too, like they do with human celebrities! If your Cavalier looks like Elizabeth Taylor prove it and post a photo!
We can all vote to see who wins! :D

ElizabethTaylorbasket.jpg

CharandLiz1.jpg

CharandLiz2.jpg

CharandLiz3.jpg

CharandLiz4.jpg

CharandLiz5.jpg

CharandLiz6.jpg

CharandLiz7.jpg

CharandLiz8.jpg

Amber is a ruby, but she does have a very similar face shape. does that count? and she has a lot of white on her face.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think my girl's a little too young to compete but she's got a lot of white on her face thus far! :)

Just an observation about the scale picture...I love how overdramatic Charlotte is in that episode, when she sees that Elizabeth Taylor gained four pounds (not knowing she was pregnant) and rushes her to the pet store to buy diet dog food -- as if twelve pounds is soooo huge for an adult cavalier! :lol:

If you watch that same episode with the director's commentary playing, they tell you a little more background on Penny's journey on the show, it's really interesting :)

Bronte: where in Michigan do you live? My parents live in Grand Rapids.

Well Ellie wont be winning this contest being she is not Blen and she doesnt have a large white spot in the middle of her head for either a Blen or a Tri but I just wanted to post because I love Sex and the City and Charlotte was my favorite character so when she got a Cavalier I was on Cloud 9 Penny is such a beautiful dog and Im jealous you got to work with Diane to get your pup I spoke to her but at the time she didnt have anything for the time I needed and then I found a few other breeders that did and it just worked out better that way I live in NJ though so maybe in a few years when Im ready for another pup Ill contact her again There is another board member here who has a pup from her though A lil Ruby boy named Brady I think

Anyways cute post cant wait to see the look alikes!

Heather Kay said:
I think my girl's a little too young to compete but she's got a lot of white on her face thus far! :)

Just an observation about the scale picture...I love how overdramatic Charlotte is in that episode, when she sees that Elizabeth Taylor gained four pounds (not knowing she was pregnant) and rushes her to the pet store to buy diet dog food -- as if twelve pounds is soooo huge for an adult cavalier! :lol:

If you watch that same episode with the director's commentary playing, they tell you a little more background on Penny's journey on the show, it's really interesting :)

Bronte: where in Michigan do you live? My parents live in Grand Rapids.

Bella is beautiful!!
Send more photos as soon as you can.

We live west of Grand Rapids in Norton Shores, we love it here. :flwr:

I'm going to hazard to say that I just might take the cake for the biggest SATC fan ever! :lol: :lol: :lol: I was first exposed to Cavaliers through that show (but definitely wasn't in the position to have a dog back then). It was LOVE at first sight! And I think Cavaliers are so fitting for Charlotte - what a perfect pair.

Boo ... I have no dog to enter into the contest! :cry*ing:

i loved sex and the city i can't belive that the writers but elizabeths taylors litter as all been blens when she was attached by all those dogs at the dog park. Lady's too small at the moment to look like elizabeth taylor but who knows she may look like her when she grows up. :p

Correct me anyone if Im wrong as its been a while since Ive seen the show and I have lent out my entire collection to a friend so I cant review it to see if Im right or wrong but wasnt Elizabeth Taylor's litter a Cavalier/Parson Russell Terrier mix? I think thats the dog she actually tied with.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if that really happened? How would they stage that with dogs?

In the commentary the producer Michael Patrick King talks about how they had been on the lookout for months trying to find newborn puppies that they could use in the episode. They had almost given up hope and told the director they would just have to go ahead and use older puppies when they ended up finding newborn pups someone had just dropped off on the set. And they used those puppies throughout the next few episodes--so the older puppies you see in the series finale are the same puppies in the episode when Elizabeth Taylor gives birth.

Man can you tell I'm a SATC fan? :)

Two weeks ago I was walking Lia in one big square of Barcelona and one girl said to a friend: "Look at that, is one Elizabeth Taylor"

:flwr:

Anyone know if the real Elizabeth Taylor has ever owned Cavs? I know she had a Maltese that died not too long ago.

Okay I'm putting in an early vote and slight hint....I think Julie's new additon might be our winner in the look-a-like contest!! icon_whistling

Back