PDA

View Full Version : puppy like

Super Princess
13th March 2007, 05:26 AM
Hey there,
we are a total dog family

my grandma has a shelti cross
my Aunt has a Lab cross
My cousin has this little white thing..i don't know waht it is.
and we have a cavalier

I have noticed out of all the dogs, Oliver is one who still acts like a puppy..hes five.

Are most cavaliers like this?
I mean ruby, my aunts dog, is maybe 3 and is way more mature and calm..
is it just a cavalier trait or is oliver just nuts?

brandygirl
13th March 2007, 05:40 AM
I think Cavs are just so happy-go-lucky - their disposition keeps them so enthusiatic about life that they seem like perennial puppies.

BTW Oliver has a fantastic face cl*p

Super Princess
13th March 2007, 05:42 AM
haha thanks i thinks o too.

oh i like that...if everyone had such a happy go lucky outlook on life, this world would be a much better place..dontcha think.

Cathy T
13th March 2007, 04:31 PM
I think it depends on the dog. Both of mine at 3 and 4 are pretty laid back. I just fostered a 5 year old who had the energy of a puppy. He sure livened up our household :D

Maxxs_Mummy
14th March 2007, 11:18 AM
My 7 1/2 yr old is pretty laid back but, when we puppysat the other week he turned into a giant puppy LOL He played all day long and hardly left the puppy's side.

My 3 yr old on the other hand is just crazy and makes me wish I had his energy. When the puppy was here he sulked all day long and wouldn't play at all but kept giving me the filthiest of looks :roll: :lol:

Kodee
14th March 2007, 02:57 PM
I guess this would depend on your definition of puppy? I dont think of puppy as playful but rather seeking trouble - a little mischief maker. My lab was and I was told it was true to the breed to take till 2 or 3 to mature like most dogs do a 1yr or 18mths.

But a cavalier (the ones I have met) are not like that at all. Cavaliers do like to play but they mature to know when to settle when told. A lab is puppy like in that it takes longer to stop finding ways to amuse ones self that is not causing trouble - just like a puppy.

Claire L
14th March 2007, 03:24 PM
Super Princess wrote:

oh i like that...if everyone had such a happy go lucky outlook on life, this world would be a much better place..dontcha think.

:xctly:

Oliver has a wonderful face :lotsaluv: can we have him?? :D

:flwr:

Super Princess
15th March 2007, 02:52 AM
well you can have him..but i must warn you

hes VERY gassy at the moment.
he could clear the room....are you SURE you want him?;)

Linda
15th March 2007, 03:43 AM
He is adorable, we can tolerate the gas. :yikes :yikes :yikes

It sure would. :D :D :D