PDA

View Full Version : My Poochie Bells arrived today.......

Claire L
13th March 2007, 04:49 PM
and I love 'em!!
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/3a9cbf09.jpg http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/poochpal_2006/1905e383.jpg
They look really good on the door.
I was so excited when they arrived. I let the dogs sniff them and then I put them up on the door. I was just about to reach for a treat to introduce them to the bells - then I read the instructions :oops: :lol:

Cara is very interested in them but Minnie thinks they will attack her :badgrin: so she is barking at them. It's so great to finally hear her bark!! :lotsaluv:

I'd imagine these bells would be great for training puppies.

Thanks Tara :flwr:

Natalie
13th March 2007, 04:58 PM
they look really good how are the attached to your door? And can you hear them if you in another room?

My Wesley
13th March 2007, 07:35 PM
I have them too. I've been bad and haven't really trained the dogs with them though. LOL!

Claire L
13th March 2007, 09:56 PM
Natalie wrote:
they look really good how are the attached to your door? And can you hear them if you in another room?

You can hang them from the door handle but I chose to attach them to the door itself, using a thumb tack to keep them in place. Yes I can hear them in another room when I am downstaires -haven't trained the doggies to use them yet so don't know if I will be able to hear them upstairs, but I imagine that I will.

:flwr:

casshon
14th March 2007, 09:41 AM
I got mine yesterday too - can't wait to start training now :jump:

Caraline
14th March 2007, 11:09 AM
They look great. 8) Are these bells specifically designed with dogs in mind, or did you just find something that you knew would work.

I've been thinking of bell training my guys as I don't like them going outside without my knowing about it.

Claire L
14th March 2007, 03:17 PM
Caraline wrote:

They look great. Are these bells specifically designed with dogs in mind, or did you just find something that you knew would work.

I've been thinking of bell training my guys as I don't like them going outside without my knowing about it.

Yes they are!! here's the link:
http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8130

Mom_of_2_Cavies
14th March 2007, 05:10 PM
I love our poochie bells! We have a really neat little pet shop nearby and I found them there probably a year ago. We have a walk-thru baby gate between the kitchen and back mudroom (to make sure they don't accidentaly get out one of the doors when we're going in and out), and I have them hung to one side, on the part of the gate that doesn't move. Personally, I don't want them to ring each and every time a door opens because I think that may diminsh the point for the dogs that the sound is associated only with them needing to go outside.

It took no time for Pepper to learn how to use them, and his new sister has quickly caught on too. I didn't really follow any particular training instructions; I would just ring them every time we were on our way out for a walk, so that he connected the ringing bells with going outside. Now when they really need or want to go, they are there pushing the bells around. They're reasonably loud--I can hear from a couple of rooms away, but I'm usually in the same vicinity.

Good luck to you guys with yours--I hope you have as much success as we have!

ann
16th March 2007, 07:28 PM
:jmp: What a great idea, where can I buy them from. I think my Ellie 4 months old would be at a good age to start bell training :)

Maxxs_Mummy
18th March 2007, 12:12 AM
I think they're great but unfortunately, when Maxx was a puppy he loved the sound of tinkling bells and would play with anything that had a bell inside it.

I know he's now as deaf as a post but he'd still be playing with them knowing him :roll:

Good luck with training the girlies to use them, Claire :flwr: Bet it's lovely to hear Minnie Moo barking - shows she's 'at home' with you ;) :flwr:

TKC
23rd March 2007, 12:42 AM
Ann we will free ship them to you if you buy from the DTI shop so go pick a colour :D

http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=231