• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

your thoughts on these names please

vikki

babyfaceportrait.jpg

we live in hawaii so I would like a hawaiian name, here are some that have stayed on the list so far. thanks for the help

"hoku" means star. I can add lani for hokulani=heavenly star. I can add hokunani=beautiful star

"pua" (poo-ah) means flower I can add the nani or lani to it as well.
my daughter just thinks poo/poop but I hear the pretty way it is said in hawaiian

"lilikoi" is a sweet fruit that we use in lots of desserts I would call her lili

"kuleana" (cool-e-ana) means responsibility I would call her coolie.

"svengali" this is how I was lured to the breed, a b&t did a number on me at the beach with his hypnotic gaze. I would call her golly

"stella" "tess" I liked "emma" alot we had a queen emma but it reminds my daughter of a kid in school that terrorized her so I guess that's out.

thanks in advance. we will end up picking a name and end up calling her something totally different for every day like lover-dover-scoodledoo-cutie pie girl :lol:

My votes:

vikki said:
"lilikoi" is a sweet fruit that we use in lots of desserts I would call her lili

"svengali" this is how I was lured to the breed, a b&t did a number on me at the beach with his hypnotic gaze. I would call her golly

vikki said:
"hoku" means star. I can add lani for hokulani=heavenly star.

[/quote]

You could call her 'lani' with the first one and I love that!

I'm with Lilikoi too.

I have also always loved the name Kai (Hawaiian meaning sea or by the sea)

I am an ocean/water lover and especially if I lived on a Hawaiian island I would name my Cav...heck even a daughter LOL! Kai. :D

I knew the sweetest little boy in San Diego named Noah Kai, I fell in love with the names, especailly Kai.

I have a friend whose brother lived in Hawaii a few years ago, and they went to visit him. Apparently there's some road named Pali?? Anyway, that's what they named their miniature Schnauzer. I've just always thougth it was a cute name. However, I really like the names you're considering. They all would be cute!! Good luck deciding!

vikki said:
[
"hoku" means star. I can add lani for hokulani=heavenly star. I can add hokunani=beautiful star

quote]

I love any of these three names.. probably if I HAD to pick one of these three I would choose hokulani.

She is ADORABLE!! :lotsaluv:

vikki said:
but it reminds my daughter of a kid in school that terrorized her so I guess that's out.
You know when I was thinking of names for Kodee, my daughter axed one for the same reason! My daughter is 19 now but once bullied they dont forget even if it is 12 yrs ago.

I like Lani and Kai but I think we need to hear it with the intended accents to truely appreciate how they sound. Let's all go to hawaii for a visit :lol:

I like lilikoi. Im not sure why Im guessing its the connotation tha tit has something to do with food haha

I always liked the song that Bing Crosby sang. I think is was "Sweet Leilani". I remember it started with "Sweet Leilani, heavenly flower" and ended with "you are my dream come true." You could call her Lani. :flwr:

She is so cute! A little flower ready to blossom! (was that sappy or what!?!)

JaneB

I love the Hawaiian language - I think it sounds so beautiful, just like the islands.

But I stand by my old premise. You have to know the dog first and she'll tell you her name! You can try out all of them but one will stick like glue.

Just thinking about it makes me want to head to Kuaui!

So a "Pua" could be a spineless flower???

I saw a Mexican restaurant the other day and the sign said Oh! Que Bueno! I know bueno is good, but can't remember que. Just enough Spanish to confuse me. I guess I should study up on it before we go to Mexico. (I assumed the restaurant was something to the effect of Oh! So Good! I didn't stop.)

Chester Says:............

:fool: :luv: :wggle: :rah: LILI!!!!!!!! :fool: :luv: :wggle: :rah:

She's just too cute for words!!!!!

Back