• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kodee won a box of cookies at class!

Kodee

OK so for a cavalier - its was a given I would win this game... it was the start to learning the come command (see my response in other members thread on "come"). Anyways all we had to do, was call our dog and keep their attention but their tail had to be in a continual wag - minute it stopped wagging time up. Well come on, we are talking a Cavalier that dotes on their owners more than other dogs! Oh ya - they had to stop me, as she just kept going and going with the jump and wags. She was so out of breath, no way she was stopping till I did! Boy they are smart, I didnt need to give her a treat, they handed me the box of cookies and she knew she had done something pretty great!! I found it interesting to see how other breeds react - for some this was a real task to keep your dog focused on them happy and wagging. It wasnt about respect, as some of the best behaved and obedient dogs had the most trouble.

We only have one more class (4 total) and finally she played with 2 other puppies last night. That is all I wanted out of these early classes so I am thrilled! Next we are taking a puppy gymboree - mini agility to build confidence as she will only be 16 wks and I dont want to start beginner obedience yet - she learns fast, but still needs work on being relaxed infront of dogs/people more first.

mmmm..cookies

If the cookies were for the owner (like my favorite those girl scout cookies with coconut in them)...boy would Bianca be motivated ;) ! Congratulations Kodee!--Natalie

We all know the other dogs didn't stand a chance ;) Great job little miss Kodee! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Re: mmmm..cookies

natalieandmike said:
If the cookies were for the owner (like my favorite those girl scout cookies with coconut in them)...boy would Bianca be motivated ;) ! Congratulations Kodee!--Natalie
Hey our girl guide cookies in Canada dont have coconut in them? Just vanilla, chocolate and special once a yr mint :?

totally off the topic...

I can't remember the name of the ones with coconut, chocolate, and caramel but your girl guides need to get some! Hot seller at my house! I have to give them away at work otherwise i'd be about 300 pounds... :lol: -Natalie
But, back to Kodee....do you think you might be interested in eventually doing agility with her? I'm trying Bianca out now; she seems to run briskly but tire easily so who knows. I'm a long-distance runner, though, so maybe I'm too high on the expectations for a 8 month old...(come on dog, that's all you got?? Bring it!) :badgrin: We'll be working up slowly...-Natalie

Re: totally off the topic...

natalieandmike said:
I can't remember the name of the ones with coconut, chocolate, and caramel but your girl guides need to get some! Hot seller at my house! I have to give them away at work otherwise i'd be about 300 pounds... :lol: -Natalie
But, back to Kodee....do you think you might be interested in eventually doing agility with her? I'm trying Bianca out now; she seems to run briskly but tire easily so who knows. I'm a long-distance runner, though, so maybe I'm too high on the expectations for a 8 month old...(come on dog, that's all you got?? Bring it!) :badgrin: We'll be working up slowly...-Natalie
You know with our lab some 15 yrs ago I was really interested in it - but then I had a 3yr old and 5 yr old so training obedience was hard enough to fit in. Come forward - kids in university and all the time in the world but now health issues would prevent me from jumping about to get them going - isnt that just life! Puppy Gymboree is about my speed!!

Back