• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

OK, you guys ... I can't wait any longer!!!

Julie S

I am going CRAZY!!! Some of you know how long I've been waiting for our puppy to come home (a litter fell through, now we're waiting for another to be ready to come home with us), and the wait is excrutiating! My kind friends on Cavalier Connection have already heard me whining about this for a few months now, and they have sweetly indulged me crying the anticipatory blues! :bang: <----- This is what I feel like doing sometimes when I get particularly antsy for our baby - lol!!! Thankfully I have the two boards to see pics and hear stories about your sweet babies, and obviously I have learned so much about potty training, nutrition, crates, toys, etc etc. in the meantime. The list goes on and on, and I think I would be lost w/o you!!! I cannot wait to finally, finally join in on the picture posting fun. :snap:

So the update: We're hoping for a blenheim girl from two litters that are very close in age (5-6 wks). Our breeder may keep several of the girls (show quality) and we are first in line for whatever female she doesn't keep. She *thinks* she knows which one she's selecting for us, but it's not 100% for certain yet since she says show qualities can change/develop over time. I haven't posted a pic of the girl yet, because I don't want to jinx anything. But trust me, I'm DYING over here! I can't wait to cuddle those puppies! And I'm so jealous of those who know which pup is theirs already!

As soon as I know for certain which baby is ours, I'll post all the pics. :w**h**:

Anyone have any tips for how you passed the time?

How to pass the time.??

The best answer is to shop. New pups need bowls, food, treats, collar, leash, crate, beds, shampoo, comb and/or brush, nail cutters, trimmers, (the list goes on and on).

Make a plan to housetrain the pup. Puppy proof the rooms your pup will be in (just like having a toddler).

Relax-- once you get your pup you will be busy trying to learn your pups signals and helping her "fit in".

I've already gotten a niiiiice headstart on the shopping thing. Seems to come pretty easily for me, much to the hubby's dismay. icon_whistling

Oh Julie I feel your pain I remember the wait like it was yesterday (it was only a month ago) and I remember the wait in general to get a Cavalier (20 years...excruciating!) I am thinking about you and I know that day will be here soon I cant wait to see pics of your spoiled lil girl ;)

Jasmine, I remember waiting WITH you, through the time when you thought you were getting a puppy, to 6 mo old Ellie. :) It's fun to follow along.

Sounds like you are getting everything you need ready. Have you ever had a puppy before? One of the things you can do is to read about puppy raising and training, housebreaking, etc. It will help to pass the time and in getting you ready! There are some excellent materials out there.

Yeah, I'm trying to get everything together, but it will just seem so "real" when I know which one we're getting.

So jealous of those that already know what they're getting! I can't imagine how fun that must be!! Some of you know the day they're born!

Another Q: Is it common for breeders to wait this long to select which pup goes to which person?

Back