• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Going on holiday

Harvey's Mum

Hi Everyone

I have been a bit worried about leaving Harvey in kennels. I have phoned and looked at several but was not very impressed, even though one had what they called a Hilton Suite where the dog has a four poster bed and a tv and dvd in their kennel. My problem would be the company that he is use to.

I was out on a walk with Harvey today and met a lady who lives 2 minutes away from me and, she has a business where she keeps 1 dog in her home whilst the owners are on holiday, I could not believe my luck. :jump: Harvey will have company 24/7 :w*w:

She also has a dog (Bichon) and we came up with an agreement to do a holiday swap, so i will be looking after Bella for her, its amazing whats on your doorstep. So i have booked Harvey in with her for my 3 holiday, one to Tenerife one to Almeria and in 2008 watch out we are coming to Florida for Christmas :mexwav:

We are taking Harvey for his holidays in April to the Yorkshire Dales we are looking forward to it. Lots of long walks for Harvey

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

That's a great idea, to do a swap for vacations! :)

I prefer to have someone look after my dogs in their home, we had an "arrangement" with an older couple for Charley.

Hope they'll take our howler, Mary Alice, as well. :lol:

I was the same, I looked at loads of kennels and came out crying. My dogs are to spoilt I think kennels would have been to much of a shock for them. Then a lady at dog traing classes gave me a number of a lady living close by who looks after dogs in her home. She has been a godsend she loves my dogs as much as me and spoils them more. They have agreat time with her and I can go away without spending the whole time worrying.

Its a great feeling knowing that they are going to be as spoilt rotten as they are at home, I am soooo pleased. It will still be hard for me to leave him the first time, but i think after that i will be ok. I just love him so much, it is going to be like leaving one of my children at home.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

I have a house and dogsitter as well. It is just too complicated to try to kennel them or take them with us, and I definitely trust the girl that sits for me. I used to do it for 3 different households before I bought my own place and it was nice to have the extra cash. And it definitely beats babysitting! :roll: :lol: :flwr:

i wish i could leave harry with a friend in a home but i have no one local who would have him, Donna (maxx's mum) has offered to have him for me but i think it's a 6 hour round trip!

I would have Harry, no promises that we would let you have him back. :lol: :lol: He is just adorable.
:lotsaluv:
Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Hi Harry's mum

We are use to dogs with good appetites, we are thinking of changing Harvey's name to DYSON. :rotfl:

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

generally if we're away and dont take oliver..he goes to grandmas..lol.
we've never puthim in a kennel.

years ago, we had a delmation..and i think we were away two weeks but honestly i was 7 i dont remember.. lol

anyways what i do remember was how sick he was when we came to pick him up.
he didnt eat ..he lost soo much weight..it was hear breaking ..even thining of it now..that a kennel let this happen..poor thing.

anyways i dont think i would feel comfortabl useing a kennel again (i know one bad experinace..but..)
they are kept in cages, alone..maybe awalk now and then..but its like doggy jail and animals are so emotional..id be theyd get down right depressed..:(

sorry im bias lol. but i defently reccomnd going with a friend or family (for anyone )if at all possible.
and if not then do as anna did and really research, if your not comfortable dont leave your baby there.

i would love to leave Harry with a friend, but they either work full time or have BIG dogs that would stress Harry out,

our local kennels are very good, they stay in little "conservatory" type rooms, but i still don't like leaving him he's my baby.

but i have to if i want to go on holiday, and i know they look after him well as Harry is so eager to go in when we get there

Harvey's Mum said:
Hi Harry's mum

We are use to dogs with good appetites, we are thinking of changing Harvey's name to DYSON. :rotfl:

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

LMAO we call our two the 'Noo noo's' (Noo noo is the vacuum cleaner in Teletubbies). If something falls to the floor and I don't say 'Leave it' in time then one of them will snarf it down & the other will sit giving him filthy looks :roll: :lol:

Back