PDA

View Full Version : working to transfer board again: expect downtime

Karlin
17th March 2007, 02:32 PM
I am probably going to be working on the board tonight and/or tomorrow (Sunday) and if so the board will be offline for periods of time while I try to see if I can successfully transfer the database.

Apologies for the inconvenience but the spam account registrations are now major headaches daily as they all require individual deletion, and I want to move to different software to manage these more easily (as well as adding in the other new features for the board).

Cathy Moon
17th March 2007, 03:52 PM
Good luck, Karlin, I hope it goes smoothly for you! :thnku: for all your hard work!!

Zippy
17th March 2007, 05:33 PM
:cffee:

Thanks for the warning and good luck! :)

duncans_ma
17th March 2007, 05:47 PM
Can't wait to see all your hard work pay off!

Good Luck!

molly
17th March 2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for all your hard work to make this board safe and fun.

Bronte
17th March 2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for all your time and hard work.

This board is great!

Cathy T
17th March 2007, 10:21 PM
Can't wait to see the new features! But don't keep us down too long...the withdrawal pains are awful ;)

Julie S
17th March 2007, 10:25 PM
Yes, those spammers are annoying. :crash: Thanks for all your hard work - we certainly appreciate it!

Nicki
17th March 2007, 10:32 PM
Good luck Karlin...everyone will have their paws and fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly...

*Pauline*
18th March 2007, 12:04 AM
Thank you Karlin for all your work. I thought you'd been quiet for a while, I've been missing your comments. :flwr: :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
18th March 2007, 12:43 AM
Good luck with it all, Karlin :thmbsup: Thanks for keeping the board spam free and working so hard to keep it running smoothly :flwr:

Karlin
18th March 2007, 12:49 AM
I was in Mexico for a week with no internet access. cl*p I am hoping to get this transfer done but it depends on whether I can get a few hours just to work on it. And if it works!

Shay
18th March 2007, 03:40 AM
Good luck and we do appreciate the board and all the work you do :flwr:

Caraline
18th March 2007, 04:24 AM
Hope the transfer goes smoothly, and thank you for all the hard work you do so that we may all enjoy this forum. :flwr:

Remali
18th March 2007, 05:30 AM
Thanks for letting us know....I love this place!

:thmbsup:

Karlin
19th March 2007, 01:11 AM
Well I failed at getting this done -- there's been an update to the board software already so I have to install that, then go thru the migration process as a test run a few times, then will be ready to move the board.

I needed to do some updates to my SM Infosite as there were some new documents out and I wanted to add links for abstracts and slides from the Nov. SM conference in London and that ate up most of today. :(

Tomorrow (Monday) is a holiday in Ireland so I might get this done tomorrow; otherwise it will move to the end of the week as I have a lot on workwise, midweek.

Very frustrating as we are almost there except for this last push. :?

Karlin
24th March 2007, 01:57 AM
I am going to try this again this weekend; just a warning that wth luck, you'll log on to see a new board; with bad luck, you will get a board down notice. :)

Caraline
24th March 2007, 03:21 AM
:xfngr: :xfngr: These two are actually toes --> :xfngr: :xfngr:

Shay
24th March 2007, 03:45 AM
:xfngr: :xfngr: These two are actually toes --> :xfngr: :xfngr:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joanne M
24th March 2007, 03:47 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicki
24th March 2007, 11:37 AM
Paws crossed here Karlin - don't worry we will all wait patiently, we know you are very busy :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: