• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

working to transfer board again: expect downtime

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am probably going to be working on the board tonight and/or tomorrow (Sunday) and if so the board will be offline for periods of time while I try to see if I can successfully transfer the database.

Apologies for the inconvenience but the spam account registrations are now major headaches daily as they all require individual deletion, and I want to move to different software to manage these more easily (as well as adding in the other new features for the board).

Can't wait to see the new features! But don't keep us down too long...the withdrawal pains are awful ;)

Yes, those spammers are annoying. :crash: Thanks for all your hard work - we certainly appreciate it!

Good luck Karlin...everyone will have their paws and fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly...

Thank you Karlin for all your work. I thought you'd been quiet for a while, I've been missing your comments. :flwr: :flwr:

Good luck with it all, Karlin (y) Thanks for keeping the board spam free and working so hard to keep it running smoothly :flwr:

I was in Mexico for a week with no internet access. cl*p I am hoping to get this transfer done but it depends on whether I can get a few hours just to work on it. And if it works!

Hope the transfer goes smoothly, and thank you for all the hard work you do so that we may all enjoy this forum. :flwr:

Well I failed at getting this done -- there's been an update to the board software already so I have to install that, then go thru the migration process as a test run a few times, then will be ready to move the board.

I needed to do some updates to my SM Infosite as there were some new documents out and I wanted to add links for abstracts and slides from the Nov. SM conference in London and that ate up most of today. :(

Tomorrow (Monday) is a holiday in Ireland so I might get this done tomorrow; otherwise it will move to the end of the week as I have a lot on workwise, midweek.

Very frustrating as we are almost there except for this last push. :?

I am going to try this again this weekend; just a warning that wth luck, you'll log on to see a new board; with bad luck, you will get a board down notice. :)

Back