PDA

View Full Version : Izzy

Barbara Nixon
17th March 2007, 10:48 PM
Izzy died at 10.30 tonight. He went out for a wee and didn't come back. oddly, it was Joly, whom he never really got on with, who stayed with him.

I'm so relieved because I've been dreading this time and having to make a decision.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/BarbaraNixon/006izzymontbirthday.jpg

Charleen
17th March 2007, 11:03 PM
Barbara - I am sorry for your loss of Izzy. What a sad time for you. I am glad that you are relieved in the manner of his passing. Know that I am praying for you.

toblerone
17th March 2007, 11:44 PM
Barbara....

I'm so sorry to hear about Izzy. I knew that he had advanced MVD and you were so helpful to me when I posted about the issues Gizmo was having at the end of his life. The manner of his passing seemed gentle as you described it, accompanied by one of his "pack." Will be thinking of you over the coming days and weeks. May you find joy in the life that he was able to have with your good care. His wise eyes and handsome face in his photo are truly memorable.

Margaret

George19
18th March 2007, 12:30 AM
I'm so sorry Barbara
He is beautiful and you loved him, that's what matters. I suspect Joly knew more than he let on. You are in my thoughts Barbara. Sleep well Izzy, you made so many smiles along the way.

Maxxs_Mummy
18th March 2007, 12:34 AM
Run free at the Bridge darling Izzy, free from pain and suffering now, you've got your angel wings to fly with *ng*l

{{{{{{{{Barbara}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry for you, at least he went in his own home with his family around him, knowing he was so loved by you all xxxxx

Cathy T
18th March 2007, 01:18 AM
Oh Barbara - love and hugs coming to you. It's so nice that he was able to go so quickly and be accompanied by Joly. He was such a beautiful boy (I think of the picture of him on the stairs with his toy in his mouth). It was sweet of him to take the decision out of your hands....such a difficult decision to have to make.

Run free Izzy love...no more pain only joy!!

:flwr:

pippa
18th March 2007, 09:59 AM
Barbara, so sorry to hear about Izzy, but glad you didn't have to make the descision :( :flwr:

Arne
18th March 2007, 10:00 AM
Thinking of you and your family.

Run free Izzy and I am sure my lot would love to play with you too

Nicki
18th March 2007, 10:02 AM
oh Barbara I'm so sorry to hear about precious Izzy...bless him though that he saved you from making that horrid decision.

Thinking of you all - hugs for the boys, they will be missing their companion.

Ruth
18th March 2007, 11:45 AM
Sweet Izzy, taking the decision out of Mum's hands.
Run free little one.

Claire L
18th March 2007, 11:53 AM
Dear Barbara,
I am so very sorry to hear about your darling boy Izzy :(
You are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Sending you big :hug: s from me and the girls ...

:flwr: :flwr: :hug: :hug: :hug:

merlinsmum
18th March 2007, 12:02 PM
Dear Barbara,

Big hugs to you and your family at such a sad time.

Run free darling Izzy :flwr:

Mary
18th March 2007, 01:17 PM
So sorry Barbara! Glad Izzy had such a peaceful passing with a friend at his side.

ppotterfield
18th March 2007, 02:14 PM
Your Izzy was so handsome with such wonderful eyes. Am glad that his passing was peaceful. Cherish your memories and give extra hugs to those who are still with you, especially Joly for being so good at the end. :hug:

Karlin
18th March 2007, 03:33 PM
So sorry for your loss, Barbara -- he was such a lovely dog. Though your heart must ache, I think you were blessed with such a gentle and peaceful going -- it was clearly a day like any happy day in Izzy's life, and just part of his normal routine, and he had companionship there too. :flwr:

Claire
18th March 2007, 04:45 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Barbara - least you have the happy memories of Izzy and he is running free at the bridge with no pain now..... hugs and kisses from my guys for you...

matties mum
18th March 2007, 05:06 PM
I am so sorry about Izzy :cry*ing: :cry*ing: ---Aileen

nlg679
18th March 2007, 05:45 PM
So sorry Barbara,
Teddy, Katydid and I send lots of hugs and prayers.
I am sure your beautiful memories of Izzy will sustain you in the coming days and weeks :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

molly
18th March 2007, 05:51 PM
Hugs for you and your family Barbara on the loss of your sweet Izzy. He was surrounded with his loving family all his days and his mate stayed on with him at the end. A blessing as it must have been quick. I hope you find peace in that.

Cathy Moon
18th March 2007, 07:01 PM
Barbara, I'm so sorry for your loss of precious Izzy. Hugs to you and yours from across the miles. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Zippy
18th March 2007, 07:25 PM
Barb, I'm so very sorry to hear of Izzys' passing.

As others have said, it's good that he was at home and with a friend.

I know your heart is aching, our thoughts are with you and your family. :flwr: :flwr:

arasara
18th March 2007, 09:17 PM
Oh Barb I am so sorry to hear of Izzy's passing. I know what a special place he will always have in your heart. I hope you're doing OK - we are all here for you if you ever need a friend.. :flwr: *HUGZ*

Run Free little Izzy! *ng*l

Joanne M
18th March 2007, 10:24 PM
Barbara, I'm very sorry for your loss. When I read your post about receiving the sign from Izzy, I had no idea his passing was this recent. Let there be no doubt in your mind your beloved Izzy is happy at the rainbow bridge and sent you a sign. Izzy what a good, kind boy you are, laying your head to rest in the open sky. Joly thank you for watching over Izzy at the end. God bless you all.

Shay
18th March 2007, 10:39 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of Izzy's passing. I definitely think the yellow balloon was a sign from him that he is at the bridge having a wonderful time. He is saying " I'm o.k. Mom, don't worry about me and I'll see you again one day" *ng*l .

Lindsay
19th March 2007, 12:08 AM
Oh how I hate seeing new posts in this section of the forum... :(

Barbara, so glad that Izzy was lucky enough to have a mom like you. Take care :hug: :hug: :hug:

OhMarley
19th March 2007, 08:20 AM
hope your ok, its never easy loosing them :flwr:

Forest
19th March 2007, 12:02 PM
Oh Barbara, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Izzy. Although your heart may ache you have all of your wonderful memories of your darling boy.
love and hugs from Julie and the girls :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

lorin
19th March 2007, 09:46 PM
We are so sorry for your loss....

judy
20th March 2007, 06:19 AM
barbara...i'm sorry for the loss of sweet izzy.
i'm glad it happened in its own time.
peace and healing to you and to all of izzy's loved ones.

Sandrac
20th March 2007, 11:50 AM
So so sorry to hear of Izzy's passing. I lost my first cavalier to MVD, so understand what you are all going through. Just remember he will be at the bridge with all our dear ones, with their waggly tails and big eyes just waiting.

coconut
20th March 2007, 11:54 AM
So sorry for ur loss barbara but what a nice way to go for izzy :flwr:

Doggydad
20th March 2007, 04:50 PM
Such a handsome boy. Run free Izzy.

Lynn
20th March 2007, 10:00 PM
I'm so sorry Barbara. You are in my thoughts.... I wish I were better with words. Breaks my heart when one of the precious pups here passes on. Each and every one is a special gift.... Peace to you and your family.

Om's Mom
21st March 2007, 01:59 AM
Dear Barbara, I am so sorry to read (with big fat tears in my eyes) of your loss. Your photo of Izzy shows a beautiful boy. He looks the picture of love. Love just beams from that sweet face. How lovely that you didn't have to make that awful decision for him. Take care. It takes time....

:hug: Dorothy and Omlette
The Little Dickens at Rainbow Bridge *ng*l

Harvey's Mum
21st March 2007, 08:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Lots of Hugs

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

misty
24th March 2007, 09:30 PM
Barbara, I am so sad to read of Izzy's sudden journey to Rainbow Bridge.

I've been away from the 'net, so only just read your post.

Izzy did you the ultimate favour by taking the most difficult decision out of your hands .... this is exactly what my precious Declan did at the end and I'm forever grateful for that.

(((( hugs )))) and I pray that your other furry friends are providing solace for you all.

Caraline
25th March 2007, 12:09 AM
Barbara, I am sad for your loss. It sounds like Izzy went well. :flwr:

duncans_ma
12th April 2007, 08:34 PM
Oh no, Barbara, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't look at this part of the forum very often. I did a search for you today to tell you how much Izzy's picture in the calendar makes me smile. She is a beautiful girl.

I know you will see her again one day....:flwr:

Cathy T
13th April 2007, 02:12 AM
Ashley - I was just thinking the exact same thing today! I have my calendar on the side of my fridge and see the picture many many times a day. It never fails that I see that sweet Izzy face and I walk away with a big grin on my face. What a beautiful girl!