• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Picky Eater

Lexie

Our Lexie is not a big eater...she is about 6 months old and we have her on Royal Canin but she wants something added. We are either adding some canned chicken or break up a training treat and then she will finish her portions...but only then...

We have seen the Iams liquid sauces at Petsmart that you add to the food. Has anyone tried this and what are the pluses/minuses?

Thanks...Lexie's Dad

The iams sauces have some ingredients that my dogs are allergic to so I had to quit using them. Be cautious, because there is a recall that includes Iams products, but I don't know if the sauces have been included.

I add a little pumpkin (which is great to keep them "regular") or low sodium chicken broth (they think this is REALLY special). Low fat yogurt or cottage cheese works as well. Or canned yam (in the same boat as pumpkin). hmmm...I just had a realization that there is more variation in my dogs diet than in my own :sl*p:

I just had a realization that there is more variation in my dogs diet than in my own

I take a multi vitamin and calcium supplements. I can't even begin to list all of the supplements my dogs get :roll: I actually bought a yogurt with a probiotic today...for me!! ;)

Yes I have used the iams sauce in my SiânE food.

BIG MISTAKE

The cheeky mare refuses to eat her meals without it. :roll:

Now I also used the live yogurt, I mix a teaspoon of the iams sauce in with the yogurt to add favour instead of using the recommend amount.

Hey I have one of those picky eaters too!! I only add fresh, healthy things.

Here are the things I add (only one thing per meal though):
dice size crumbled chicken, tsp grated low fat cheese, a teaspoon just dipped in plain yogurt no fat, 5 or 6 crunched cheerios or a few diced frozen green beans.

Sure I know she is manipulating me. But she seems to want the mixed up meal surprise and I keep it to that list and they are always available here so its no big deal. I guess if someone fed me the same meal the same way I might refuse too. Having said that, this is the only breed I now that is picky over food. Every other dog I know just eats what you give them!

Back