• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cardiac diet from Royal Canin

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
RC took over a company that made a lot of special diet foods for dogs a while ago. They offer one that is designed for dogs with special cardiac needs -- this would fit many of our cavaliers once they have murmurs. Hence this may be of interest to some board members; the background on cardiac problems and diet is useful reading regardless. You can read more here:

http://www.walthamusa.com/Learning Center/EC22.html

This is a US site, but I know some vets in the UK/Ireland do carry these foods but you'd need to track them down. I would wager the RC varieties will be better quality than Hill's.

I see they recommend low sodium but NOT a salt free diet.

Buying these foods from vets is very expensive. The cheapest place on the net , I've found , is Nutrecare, based in Kidderminster. A 7kg bag of Hypoallergenic would have cost me £10 more from my vet. I paid £25.50 and they allowed us to collect, saving on delivery costs.

Back